Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal, Wolves, Palace - the most enjoyable run of games?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
These last three games, in different ways, have been three of the most absorbing and pleasurable games in a row that I can recall. Especially for sheer enjoyment.

Arsenal - the sheer delight of beating them away, but also the way we did it after they came back to equalise was fabulous.
Wolves - cracking match, end-to-end stuff even if the intensity wore off in the second half. I could have carried on watching football like that for many more hours. Wouldn't even have minded if we had lost.
Palace - for the first time I can remember, I actually enjoyed a Palace game. Usually I spend most of them in fear of losing - but (apart for the fact we didn't win) that was simply lovely to watch.

We are lucky to be seeing this aren't we.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
These last three games, in different ways, have been three of the most absorbing and pleasurable games in a row that I can recall. Especially for sheer enjoyment.

Arsenal - the sheer delight of beating them away, but also the way we did it after they came back to equalise was fabulous.
Wolves - cracking match, end-to-end stuff even if the intensity wore off in the second half. I could have carried on watching football like that for many more hours. Wouldn't even have minded if we had lost.
Palace - for the first time I can remember, I actually enjoyed a Palace game. Usually I spend most of them in fear of losing - but (apart for the fact we didn't win) that was simply lovely to watch.

Apart from the ‘not minding’ if we had lost to Wolves that’s a good post. Compare that to last season.’

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Agreed

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Propper - 6

'We should strive for better'.
'Don't be such a happy clapper'.
'We deserve better'.

'Gosh daddy do you remember the start of this legendary team'?
'Not really son, I was too busy slagging off players to actually enjoy what I was watching'.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes OP, I agree with you

Even before that, the Leicester game and the Liverpool game, we had spells where we were terrific.

In the last month, we've got toe to toe with some wonderful opponents (and Palace as well) and played some glorious football.

I also agree that if Wolves had beaten us, yes i'd have been miffed, but you have to recognise as we did against Leicester, that sometimes you come across an opposition who are absolutely brilliant and deserve the success that's coming their way.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Propper - 6

'We should strive for better'.
'Don't be such a happy clapper'.
'We deserve better'.

'Gosh daddy do you remember the start of this legendary team'?
'Not really son, I was too busy slagging off players to actually enjoy what I was watching'.

There's been plenty of games where Propper has scored below a 6, and deserved it. There's not always a big conspiracy against your favourite player. Fans are saying it as they see it.

Thankfully, he is in fabulous form at the moment and playing by far his best football for us.

Carragher showed an interesting still of the Palace wingers tucking in to in effect man mark our central midfielders in the last 20 mins. I think we can expect to see a lot more of this and it's going to be up to them and the manager to find countermeasures

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There was a Wolves fans on the radio last night bemoaning Jose and his negative tactics.......said he'd been at our game and walked away clapping his hands and stressed how good the game was by comparison....

Last night was another uptick in my view. Completely dominated for 70 mins, away, against a form team. Unbeaten in 3, with 5 points including 2 tough away games. Most of the harder away games already played and what we're watching is utterly unrecognisable from last season. Very happy days.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There's been plenty of games where Propper has scored below a 6, and deserved it. There's not always a big conspiracy against your favourite player. Fans are saying it as they see it.

Thankfully, he is in fabulous form at the moment and playing by far his best football for us.

Carragher showed an interesting still of the Palace wingers tucking in to in effect man mark our central midfielders in the last 20 mins. I think we can expect to see a lot more of this and it's going to be up to them and the manager to find countermeasures

Play the ball to the wide players? Trossard seemed to be given freedom of the wing last night.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
and Montoya the other

Indeed. It's only when you see the post match analysis and they highlighted that Palace HAD TO play narrow to stop Propper, Bissouma & Mooy from playing straight through them, that it becomes clear why Trossard & Montoya had so much space.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I totally agree.
After the dire end to last season's campaign, it's been a real joy to watch an Albion team enjoying playing their footy, even if it is on a dodgy stream :whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The games have all been very enjoyable, but our propensity for conceding equalisers is not. We drop a lot of points from winning positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here