Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Potter creating his own legacy - Sky Sports article

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
https://www.skysports.com/football/...3MfE-mL00TQ5pazWyrcDgNssLBb2Cf4e67wN7bLYSZt64

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 1.09.23 PM.png

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
For me the "touches in the opposition box" increase is the most significant, its no good having possession if it never results in a chance to score.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Cracking article that. Thought it might have been written by an Albion fan, but he's Everton.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Fantastic article and well worth a read.

Well the media narrative is starting to change isn’t it? It wasn’t that long ago we were stupid and arrogant for getting rid of Hughton, and should have accepted our place in the PL.

People are starting to catch on what a special manager we have. Tho I think we are as great a fit for Potter as he is for us.

We are a club on the up.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Come on [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] what’s your take on this?
It’s been a few months since you said we would be in the relegation zone.
Do you still want CH back or has Potterball finally won you over?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fantastic article and well worth a read.

Well the media narrative is starting to change isn’t it? It wasn’t that long ago we were stupid and arrogant for getting rid of Hughton, and should have accepted our place in the PL.

People are starting to catch on what a special manager we have. Tho I think we are as great a fit for Potter as he is for us.

We are a club on the up.

If only we had an owner who understood probability and had got in early and offered Potter a contract extension.

Oh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not under the radar. :down:

But we were under the radar when we were under the radar, mostly, owing to our horizontal posture.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Come on [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] what’s your take on this?
It’s been a few months since you said we would be in the relegation zone.
Do you still want CH back or has Potterball finally won you over?

There are still some Hughton boys around I think. Funny lot really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But we were under the radar when we were under the radar, mostly, owing to our horizontal posture.

We were under the radar because nobody feared playing us. 3 points were expected home and away by the opposition. Now they’re not so cocky and we are definitely on the radar of most clubs who hope rather than expect to beat us

These are GREAT times to be an Albion fan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We were under the radar because nobody feared playing us. 3 points were expected home and away by the opposition. Now they’re not so cocky and we are definitely on the radar of most clubs who hope rather than expect to beat us

These are GREAT times to be an Albion fan

The best, my friend, the best. Without doubt.

However I shan't use the same quote made to Peter Cook during the 66 WCF that later tiggered some industrial language. If you don't know to what I'm
referring, read the biography - It's a blinder. But I digress.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I really don't understand the stuff about a 'stripped-back white wall'. The walls at the training ground are white-painted plaster, pure and simple. It blows away any credibility the article might otherwise have for me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Beautiful that we finally look like a grown-up PL side, one that actually tries to takes the game to the opposition, irrespective of who that opposition may be. And utterly refreshing to be not continually under the radar and not continually under the cosh. Doubt I'll ever come round to the idea that passing the ball excessively across your own 6 yard box, but, apart from that, seems to me that it's all pretty damn good. Potter IN! :bowdown:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well of course he is... as said before we are all just living in the simulation that is his Football Manager save.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You lot clearly didn’t hear the Sky Sports coverage when we played Wolverhampton Wanderers just 10 days ago. Clearly they believed we were lucky to be on the same pitch as the majestic Wolves!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Superb

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here