Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Brighton & Hove Council - PCN

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A “friend” selected her reg number instead of mine when paying by the app. Is it worth appealing the PCN or is it a fair cop (for a genuine error)?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I had something similar on Saturday when I genuinely forgot to use the app to pay for my parking in Preston Park. No real excuses from me, I was going to chalk it up to bad luck and pay the fine now while its cheaper

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Appeal. My Mrs typo'd her registration in the app and got a ticket. Called up and appealed, they could see she'd paid but used the wrong registration so let her off with a warning to be more careful in the future as next time they won't let her off.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would definitely appeal and provide their details so they can independently check that that registration number had paid at that time. The obvious downside is that there's no proof that the registration number entered wasn't also parked there - but they might show some mercy.

Nothing lost through appealing though, the discounted rate is frozen whilst the appeal is ongoing. Always appeal - you have nothing to lose.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I appealed when I did this and won. If I remember correctly, I screen shot the app with the other car that I paid for and that was enough.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I had something similar on Saturday when I genuinely forgot to use the app to pay for my parking in Preston Park. No real excuses from me, I was going to chalk it up to bad luck and pay the fine now while its cheaper

Never ever pay straight away ..... ALWAYS appeal. The fine gets frozen when you appeal anyway. Use Pepipoo.com to gain advice.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Yes- they’ll let you off for a mistake like this - particularly if it’s the first one you have made.

I did a similar thing- selected my old car rather than my current one by mistake- they let me off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here