Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dropping off by car near the AMEX on Matchdays

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
A friend of mine is joining me at the game on Saturday and his wife is driving down and dropping him off.

So my question is where am I best suggesting he gets dropped off to get the ground most easily?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How do you get to the ground?
Why not meet at the point you start your journey, for instance the 25 bus in Lewes Road or Brighton Station.
The official dropping off point is in the Uni car park (check the web site for details). Post match I see many standing around at the bus stop on the down ramp going east to Lewes waiting to be picked up.
What ever you do, don't go near the ground.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A friend of mine is joining me at the game on Saturday and his wife is driving down and dropping him off.

So my question is where am I best suggesting he gets dropped off to get the ground most easily?

You’re not supposed to, but just before the tunnel near the Bridge car park seems to be popular for drop offs. You could try to the top of the hill for the Mill Rd park and ride, and they could jump on a bus

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you coming from Polegate? Can his wife drop him off in Lewes, to get the train to the Amex?

Whenever we meet up with a friend, we always arrange to meet in front of the club shop.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

After my hip op, my son-in-law dropped me off at the lay-by/bus stop on the A27, right by Falmer Station., coming from lewes. There is always someone in a yellow jersey there, and as long as you are quick, and not attempting to park, no objection was raised.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If travelling from the West on the A27 I would take the Falmer/Univeristy slip road and turn left as if going to the University. There are stewards there monitoring the car park access, and you can simply turn around and drop off by Falmer Village. Once dropped off, straight back on the A27. They could do the same thing if coming from the East to be fair. You and friend can then grab a pint in The Swan before heading to the ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There are a few options assuming it's just a very brief stop to hop out of the car......
-Bus stop on east-bound sliproad off the Falmer roundabout
-Whilst stuck the the queue of traffic going up to the Falmer roundabout
-somewhere along Falmer Road (most likely end up stopping at the lights anyway, so can hop out there)
-Housedean Farm layby on the A27 (15-20 min walk)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Are you coming from Polegate? Can his wife drop him off in Lewes, to get the train to the Amex?

Whenever we meet up with a friend, we always arrange to meet in front of the club shop.

If you were coming from Polegate why would you fight your way into Lewes when you could just keep going down the bypass?

We get a taxi from Lewes every week and they drop us in the car park. If you jump out on the slip road then your wife can just go across the bridge and back the other way. Plenty of people do this.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If travelling from the West on the A27 I would take the Falmer/Univeristy slip road and turn left as if going to the University. There are stewards there monitoring the car park access, and you can simply turn around and drop off by Falmer Village. Once dropped off, straight back on the A27. They could do the same thing if coming from the East to be fair. You and friend can then grab a pint in The Swan before heading to the ground.

This.

The same if coming from the East. Just take the Stamner Park road and go all the way to the Uni and drop off there. It's what the taxis do.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The official drop off point is Sussex Uni sport centre car park. Easy to get to from either direction and a short walk through the foot tunnel under the A27 to the ground. For those less mobile a free bus transfer service runs from there to the coach park. Labelled as Car Park 5 on this map:

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 13.08.46.png

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If u fancy an early start I’ve been dropped off at around 1:30 ish h or 3pm ko’s loads of times in village way entrance to the stadium, much later than that and the yellow coats get aggy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here