Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It doesn’t really matter, does it?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
[MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION] sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum.

Any news on your’s wife’s treatment, or is it too early to say? (If you don’t mind me asking)

No, I don't mind you asking at all...

My wife has recently had her third cycle of chemotherapy and is scheduled for a CT scan a week Sunday. She will then see her consultant before her next cycle on Friday 13th (yes, I know).

The hope is the original tumour will have shrunk in size by 50% and that the areas that were showing as hot spots on the PET scan will show no further signs of growth!

If all is good then it will be 3 more cycles of the current treatment, with top up of obinutuzumab every 2 months for 2 years, in the hope to keep further outbreaks at bay for as long as possible.

She has suffered terrible depression during the last 3 months and has started counseling, both at the hospital and locally!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My wife has recently had her third cycle of chemotherapy and is scheduled for a CT scan a week Sunday. She will then see her consultant before her next cycle on Friday 13th (yes, I know).

The hope is the original tumour will have shrunk in size by 50% and that the areas that were showing as hot spots on the PET scan will show no further signs of growth!

If all is good then it will be 3 more cycles of the current treatment, with top up of obinutuzumab every 2 months for 2 years, in the hope to keep further outbreaks at bay for as long as possible.

She has suffered terrible depression during the last 3 months and has started counseling, both at the hospital and locally!

Good luck as ever. I expect the depression is not uncommon.

A lot on your plate, your after yourself.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wishing you both every bit of luck going......and sorry to hear about your mum, must be a terrible time for you.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Sorry to hear about your mum. Keep as positive as you can but realise that there will be down days and a good cry is not wrong if you feel you both need it especially if it becomes a 'clear the air' moment so that you can bounce up from it.

I have just got back from the Royal Marsden Sutton with my wife today , we have spent most of the last 6 weeks between there and the Fulham Road building where she had the CAR-T treatment. A lot of challenges but I am optimistic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thoughts with you at all times.

From down the road.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Remember that feeling when the final whistle went against Wigan, and we knew we were promoted (nearly)...

Well, today I had that feeling again.

My wife has been given the all clear, her chemotherapy has killed off her cancer. For now!

She still has some residual tumour, to be removed by radiotherapy and has to undergo bi-monthly chemo sessions to hopefully stop the cancer from coming back...

We are realists, we know it will come back.

But today is a good day! A very good day...!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Remember that feeling when the final whistle went against Wigan, and we knew we were promoted (nearly)...

My wife has been given the all clear, her chemotherapy has killed off her cancer. For now!

She still has some residual tumour, to be removed by radiotherapy and has to undergo bi-monthly chemo sessions to hopefully stop the cancer from coming back...

Fantastic news [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Really pleased to hear your news Darkwolf. I'm going to dig up the JustGiving link and donate, in celebration.

Take care,
Fats x

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Let’s be optimistic and think it won’t :thumbsup:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
So pleased for you [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION] - it was a year ago exactly that my daughter underwent a radical hysterectomy after cancer was detected in a smear test. This week, yesterday to be precise, she went for a yearly check and review at Addenbrookes as was given the all clear.

Thinking of you, your wife and all that are fighting cancer and staying so positive.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So pleased for you [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION] - it was a year ago exactly that my daughter underwent a radical hysterectomy after cancer was detected in a smear test. This week, yesterday to be precise, she went for a yearly check and review at Addenbrookes as was given the all clear.

Thinking of you, your wife and all that are fighting cancer and staying so positive.

Thank you, and thank you to all that have responded.

Covid has rather overtaken proceedings, but cancer is a relentless killer too, so let’s celebrate small victories together!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Really pleased to hear your news Darkwolf. I'm going to dig up the JustGiving link and donate, in celebration.

Take care,
Fats x

Would that be this one...

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/darkwolf666

Just to say, the planned walk didn’t happen as we have had to cancel our Peak District holiday, but I’m thinking of doing a Major Tom and walking the length of my garden (30ft) several times :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here