Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It doesn’t really matter, does it?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have been quite vocal on the Election thread and chucked my two pence worth into the Brexit thread, over the last couple of days, but ultimately what does it all matter...

I have taken my wife to hospital today, as she is suffering from the early stages of lymphoma. We were both shocked when they insisted she stay in, at least until the middle of next week, for tests, etc.

After leaving my wife (and me) in tears, I have come home to my little boy, who thanks to family, has been well looked after - once he was settled in bed and after several text messages to my wife I thought I could have 10 minutes to myself - then the phone rings... it’s my sister, who NEVER rings me (we message or talk in person).

My mum, who has been suffering from the early onset of dementia for a while has been hospitalised. Worse, she has stopped breathing. They have managed to resuscitate, but don’t think they should if she has another event...

Shit, life hangs by a thread and all people can do is moan about politics (guilty)... life and family are so so much more important then all this other shit. Live your lives, have your own opinions, but just remember - it doesn’t really matter, does it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry to hear this, it certainly puts things into perspective. I hope it all works out. Keep talking on here, it helps with this stuff. Private message me if you like I'm in Australia and will be around all day.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Thoughts are with you and the family at this time.

Everything else rightly pales into insignificance when it comes to the health of those we love.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I could not agree more. All the anger, hatred, bile, name calling and refusal to see the others point of view (which is different to agreement) just creates more of the same. In the poster as much as anyone else it's directed too.

Your wife and mothers troubles bring to light what IS important in life: health, family and friends.

Spreading a little more UNDERSTANDING of others would help the lives of everyone.

Very sorry to hear you're family are suffering. I may or may not agree with your posts on these subjects as I've not seen what you have put, but either way, you have my thought, wishes and prayers for you and your family.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I hope things improve for you over the coming days. We all have opinions, we sometimes have differences of opinion, we should always remember to support those around us even if we do not agree all of the time. Best wishes to you and yours this Xmas.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Thanks for all the support, much appreciated. Mum has got through the night without any further events, so that is a positive.

My wife has messaged me too, she is very tearful and very scared. Scared for the future and scared of the treatment. Her first question on being told about the chemo was “will I lose my hair” - strange, as a man it doesn’t seem that important, but to a lady it’s a defining part of their psyche.

The hospital are very good and have even mentioned they have a wig clinic on Wednesdays. If the wife doesn’t get one I might see if I can get a Ted Danson!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been quite vocal on the Election thread and chucked my two pence worth into the Brexit thread, over the last couple of days, but ultimately what does it all matter...

I have taken my wife to hospital today, as she is suffering from the early stages of lymphoma. We were both shocked when they insisted she stay in, at least until the middle of next week, for tests, etc.

After leaving my wife (and me) in tears, I have come home to my little boy, who thanks to family, has been well looked after - once he was settled in bed and after several text messages to my wife I thought I could have 10 minutes to myself - then the phone rings... it’s my sister, who NEVER rings me (we message or talk in person).

My mum, who has been suffering from the early onset of dementia for a while has been hospitalised. Worse, she has stopped breathing. They have managed to resuscitate, but don’t think they should if she has another event...

Shit, life hangs by a thread and all people can do is moan about politics (guilty)... life and family are so so much more important then all this other shit. Live your lives, have your own opinions, but just remember - it doesn’t really matter, does it?

What a terrible couple of events to come together, really feel for you. Hope you can stay strong through this, at what should be a happy family time of year. Hoping that your wife is back with you and your son soon and you get a bit more time with your Mum. I lost mine earlier this year and even though you know it’s coming it doesn’t make it any easier.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm so sorry to read of your news. Troubles never seem to come singly, do they?
Health and family are more important than anything else, and I wish you all the very best.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Sorry to hear your news. You are of course right in what you say, best of luck with it all and remember that you do also have the BHAFC family to turn to for support and help.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time. There are always things going on in people’s lives that are far more important than the shit they sensationalise on the telly. Hope 2020 brings better news for your family. I hope you can all still have a Happy Christmas.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Fukk sake [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION] you don't deserve any of that. I've got everything crossed for you. Whatever you do, keep posting on here because we will all offer you as much help as we can.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Goodness, that is certainly a tough call especially at this time of the year but please remember we are all here for you. Best wishes to you and your family and I hope things turn out well for you.

As an aside a friend became so enamoured with her wigs when she lost her hair that she still wears them now, even though her hair has grown back. She has various colours and styles!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for sharing, [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION]. Very best wishes, from down the road.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Life can be a shit, here's hoping for some positive news for you as an Xmas present ....

Personally, I consider things like discussing politics as activities people do when the rest of their lives / circumstances are in good order / nothing much going on or to worry about. When events occur as you describe in your opening post it absolutely focuses the mind on to the things that really DO matter - politics and other such nonsense are just a distraction in life.

Best wishes and fingers crossed ....

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
As a fellow sufferer of lymphoma I can relate to your post, darkwolf. Mine is low grade and only needs monitoring for now. They do tell me that the long term outlook is good from the condition but I appreciate that will not allay your concern.
Tough news about your Mother too, I guess you can only hope for the best.
Sorry to read of your predicament, especially at this time of year, as you say- it puts all else into perspective.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Family is everything and their happiness and wellbeing is more important than anything. Wishing your wife a swift recovery and the best for your mum. My mother in law has fought lymphoma for the last 15 yrs and is currently in remission so keep fighting the battle. You are going to have to be strong but NSC is at its very best when people need that support and I am sure it will be there for you when you need it.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Darkwolf, I hope all goes well for you and your family.
I can certainly empathise, as we, as a family, have been through a very similar experience, in the recent past.
It puts all life into proper perspective.

Best Wishes,
BLOCK F.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. I hope things work out ok for you and your family x

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here