Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sebastian Andersson

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wer regelmäßig trifft, ist begehrt. Acht Treffer gelangen Sebastian Andersson (28) in dieser Saison. Nach BILD-Informationen sitzen in Paderborn Scouts von Ajax Amsterdam, Brighton, Villarreal und Celtic Glasgow auf der Tribüne. Dazu fast ein halbes Dutzend Bundesliga-Späher. Sie haben natürlich Top-Stürmer Andersson im Blick.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...-schauen-sich-andersson-an-66660192.bild.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Andersson

tumblr_inline_ps8fjfiUJe1uk9ok6_640.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sebastian-andersson/profil/spieler/147573
Would be a steal at £2.25m

andersson-custom.png

Oh and I really can't be arsed to go through ALL the Sebastian Andersson's on Twitter just to find out how many followers he's got.
Although it might be a rich vein of WaGaction.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can’t see GP signing a 28 yr old

As much as I agree with you I can make this scenario work, naturally it comes down to money.

We look at this deal as not having a pay off.
But what if the deal is the pay off.

If I heard correctly all £20m+ transfers, in the summer, were for players under 24 years old.

So it'll be fair to say the market for these 'elderly' players has dropped.

The club already has it's bankers with the hairy boy-man and Lesser Sam Baldock.
We have to assume it confidently has others in the wings.

This fella is 'old', playing for a small club, earning a comparatively small wage.

So if he could be bought for say £10m, that's likely to be £10m cheaper than a player 6 years younger.
Wages bonuses and clauses will all be weighted in the Albion's favour.

Player gets a massive pay rise.
Selling club gets a massive cash injection.
Buying club gets a player still in his prime, but £x millions less than the going rate.

All that said, I can't see it myself!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I get excited when ever I see a transfer thread and I'd love us to unearth a Scandinavian wonder striker that has gone under the radar. But if I was scouting this fellow and had to give the green light to spend about £5m I'd have serious misgivings.
When you watch the highlights instead of watching Andersson's finishing have a look at the marking and the space he's being given.
I reckon he'd be a superstar at somewhere like Portsmouth or Plymouth but he's certainly a long way from Premier League ready.
Maybe the plan would be to buy him and loan him out immediately to get kicked a bit.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we're shopping for a cheap 4th choice striker and wanting our youngsters like Gyokeres to be out playing on loan instead of filling that role, then I can see it.

Murray will retire end of season I expect, potentially giving this guy another year as 3rd/4th choice. You never know he could suddenly become amazing too so can see the cheap gamble being very low risk provided Locadia and Andone are completely done here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we're shopping for a cheap 4th choice striker and wanting our youngsters like Gyokeres to be out playing on loan instead of filling that role, then I can see it.

Murray will retire end of season I expect, potentially giving this guy another year as 3rd/4th choice. You never know he could suddenly become amazing too so can see the cheap gamble being very low risk provided Locadia and Andone are completely done here.
Thats how I see this deal (which is probably completely fictitious)

The club need a THIRD choice stop gap option, for 18 months or so.

I'm sure it's happy with its first choices.
I assume it's happy with the youth ranks
But it doesn't have anything in between.

As said this sort of player will be comparatively cheap.
He offers a different set of skills.
He also doesn't need to be locked into a long contract on a large wage.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He has quick feet, with some nice first touches before calmly finishing under pressure. Yes against weaker opposition, but you can only score against what is in front of you.
He looks promising and a bargain, very much in the role of Murray so I would welcome this addition to the squad if true.

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
He's at Union Berlin not Paderborn and he's been crucial to their good form this season, including scoring a last minute penalty to win the derby against Hertha. Union won't sell him cheaply/ possibly at all in January as they are now in a solid position to stay in the Bundesliga (this is their first ever season there) and he is a vital part of their first 11. He's a good finisher but not the most mobile of strikers. I can't see this one happening in any way shape or form. Happy to be proven wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's at Union Berlin not Paderborn and he's been crucial to their good form this season, including scoring a last minute penalty to win the derby against Hertha. Union won't sell him cheaply/ possibly at all in January as they are now in a solid position to stay in the Bundesliga (this is their first ever season there) and he is a vital part of their first 11. He's a good finisher but not the most mobile of strikers. I can't see this one happening in any way shape or form. Happy to be proven wrong.

With the best will in the world, I'll hazard a guess any team who's record transfer fee received is a bit below £3m, isn't going to get much say in the matter, if a striker is being seriously looked at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here