Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Scotland

Scottish independence - what to do?

• Ignore them ( they’re low down the priority list)

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Do everything possible to keep them in the Union

Votes: 38 15.3%
  • Bye, bye - the EU can subsidise you

Votes: 70 28.2%
  • They deserve another referendum

Votes: 66 26.6%
  • They deserve another referendum if England, Wales and N Ireland can vote on it too

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Gordon Greer should be Scottish PM with Liam Bridcutt as deputy - fandabidosy!

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
What should happen? Do you value our relationship with our Scottish friends or are you fed up with wee Jimmie Krankie’s arrogance?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have no issue with them having another referendum.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm sure our resident Scottish cousin [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] will have something to say on this important matter :thumbsup:

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
If they have a vote, and vote to leave, good luck to them.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The SNP want to increase tension and bad feeling between the UK government and Scotland; a great deal of what they do is calculated with that end in mind - though not everything, especially security issues. Whatever the UK government do - whatever the make-up of that government - the nationalists will complain and object when they feel it suits them.

The best solution is to be polite and agreeable, but not to get drawn into pointless arguments that only exist for the SNP's political reasons. Wait and see what the result of the next Scottish parliament ary elections are in 2021: if it's a large victory for the SNP when standing on a platform of a new referendum, then probably it should be granted. If not, then probably not.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Wait and see how far south Sturgeon wants the boundary!
Overall if the Jocks want out and be governed by the likes of her then good luck to them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Of all the piffle spouted by the usual suspects during the election campaign i thought she stood head and shoulders above anyone else in debating and putting forward a solid plan her country could get behind , seems like the Scottish people also believed her and this must be the first step toward a fully independent Scotland , time will tell if they get what they wished for but the signs are it will happen now .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We should get in there first and beat them to it, and have our own referendum asking the public if we want to re build Hadrian’s wall, and get Scotland to pay for it....,

That will wind them up.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I wouldn't want them to go. I doubt the PM will give them another referendum in the immediate future.

I think if they got one they'd vote no.

If they voted yes, I'd be saddened but would respect the decision.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Scotland is part of our nation. I hope it remains so. But if there is a clear indication that it is not their will to stay then we have to split.

But a clear indication is not 50+1. Such a decision has too larger ramifications to be decided on a divided view.

We've already made one decision like that in the last 5 years.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Let them go and have their little McRuritania, I'm sure the EU will welcome yet another country that can't pay its way.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don’t think much will happen at all.

Jimmy Krankie will bang on and on about independence, 2nd referendum etc but there is nothing she can actually do to make it happen. The SNP will have a voice but the constitution of Parliament means they will have little influence.

BoJo May get round to it when he’s made progress on Brexit, but the last thing he needs is creating more problems than he’s already got with the EU.

Northern Ireland is much more of a problem......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
If there’s to be another referendum I hope we learn from Brexit i.e. will the Scottish electorate know exactly what they are voting for, the terms on which they are proposing to leave etc

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reckon let them have another referedum. i dont think they'll vote to leave, all the arguments not to leave the EU apply to not leaving the union. so makes its very difficult campaign, especially when leaving the union would mean leaving the EU or whatever deal is in place by then. and thats before sort out currency and other practical issues. if they do leave it'll cut the deficit in half, so thats a positive.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It will never happen as they are part of Britain but perhaps we should say have another referendum and if you choose to leave you can do so but all ties with the UK are broken and you receive no more support of any kind from the rest of the UK.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If there’s to be another referendum I hope we learn from Brexit i.e. will the Scottish electorate know exactly what they are voting for, the terms on which they are proposing to leave etc

I don't think that the Scottish Nationalist devolved government would actually want the electorate to be fully aware of the facts because, if they did, I am sure the question of a referendum would not surface again for probably a hundred years.

But sadly, the nationalists are hell bent on independence irrespective of the pros and cons.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If they want to be independent that badly, let them. It appears to be a blind 'point of pride' - and we all know what pride comes before...

Their economy will tank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here