Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next leader of the Labour party

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Just watched Wes Streeting MP for Illford North on the BBC

Very impressed, just the kind of centre left, eloquent, anti Corbynism leader the Labour party need.

FFS lets get someone like him in charge before the loonies convince themselves that they need to move further left when all the evidence and logic says they need to move to the centre.

If Boris stays for the full 5 years, it will be almost 50 years since anyone but Tony Blair won an election for Labour. He was the most successful leader ever and he was a centre left politician that drove the hard left out, Labour needs to begin that battle again or stay in opposition for ever. Wes could be a good start.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Labour's next choice of leader is humungously important, possibly to the country.

If they go with another Momentum-endorse candidate, they will 100% not be the 2nd largest party at the next election.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think Labour should copy the Finnish model. Get a centre left, progressive and young leader in. It would not hurt the rep to get a female in either seeing as labour have yet to do just that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just for her speech MP Julie Elliott. Exactly what i want to hear.

D

Deleted member 2719

From an outside perspective.

Caroline Flint is the only Labour candidate that spoke sense for me, she has morals.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Labour needs a competent public performer who will put the right noses out of joint (on both sides), capable of laying into Johnson as and when he cocks up (as he inevitably will) and is prepared to "tell it like it is". A proper dose of salts.

For me, there's only one candidate for this. Jess Phillips.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kier Starmer

Does he not have skeletons in the cupboard that would harm him. This has been suggested on here. n I would never vote Labour but wouldnt Yvette Cooper seems a possibility who would appeal to most. Alan Johnson sounded good last night but is not an MP currently.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Labour should copy the Finnish model. Get a centre left, progressive and young leader in. It would not hurt the rep to get a female in either seeing as labour have yet to do just that.

In our country they'd be seen as ludicrously far left, and painted as such by the press. It's gonna have to be a centrist.

D

Deleted member 2719

Labour needs a competent public performer who will put the right noses out of joint (on both sides), capable of laying into Johnson as and when he cocks up (as he inevitably will) and is prepared to "tell it like it is". A proper dose of salts.

For me, there's only one candidate for this. Jess Phillips.

Jess Phillips would never swing neutrals over.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does he not have skeletons in the cupboard that would harm him. This has been suggested on here. n I would never vote Labour but wouldnt Yvette Cooper seems a possibility who would appeal to most.

Does he? You've read it on Nsc so therefore you have to repeat it. It's a wonder you didn't hear it in the Bovril queue.
Care to back it up with any facts apart from I read it somewhere?

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
It was suggested by many that Tony Blair was one of the best ever Tory Prime Ministers due to his policies.

I know BG. The hard left have done everything they can to trash the Blair era because they fear its resurrection so much. For the hard left to win, they must first bury the soft left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here