Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] palace's injury woes ahead of the mediocre derby.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I can see Zaha's expected move ending in tears if Chelsea are his only suitors and if he's desperate to go there. Chelsea will be bidding far less than the £80m that's being quoted.
If they offer only say, £55m on a take it or leave it basis, what will Palace decide to do?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Think Roy might be trying to hard at mind games :lolol:

He's looking a bit stressed again.

Roy.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can see Zaha's expected move ending in tears if Chelsea are his only suitors and if he's desperate to go there. Chelsea will be bidding far less than the £80m that's being quoted.
If they offer only say, £55m on a take it or leave it basis, what will Palace decide to do?
Win, win for us. He’ll either go or stay and sulk. Offer them a fiver Chelsea.

:smile:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Why are some on here so worried. We won at Arsenal, so we are more than capable of winning at Palace. We are in good form, scoring goals and I expect us to win.

:albion2:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Our record without Dale Stephens is almost as bad as Palace's record without Zaha. So I wouldn't put any stock in their injury troubles.

In my experience when we play an injury ravaged team it usually doesn't go well for us.

I find that is often true for every team, at least for a game or two when the injuries first happen. There is something about having a bad injury list; a mix of fringe players stepping up to stake a claim, and that 'everyone's against us' mentality that can carry you through a match or two.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Our record without Dale Stephens is almost as bad as Palace's record without Zaha. So I wouldn't put any stock in their injury troubles.

I find that is often true for every team, at least for a game or two when the injuries first happen. There is something about having a bad injury list; a mix of fringe players stepping up to stake a claim, and that 'everyone's against us' mentality that can carry you through a match or two.

Actually that isn’t true about Stephens but is an example of how he is just naturally a bit over rated on this site.

We actually picked up 7 points from 3 games in the 3 matches he was suspended after Cardiff away which a lot of people on here seem to have forgotten about. One of those games was also the win at home to Palace, our best performance of the season. We also won at home to West Ham without him.

He missed 8 league games last season and we picked up 11 points in those games and two of those games we lost were against Man City which we’d have lost had he played anyway.

We’re nowhere near as reliant on him as a lot seem to think. I’m looking forward to seeing how we set up without him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stephens, Izzy and March far more a miss for us. Only adds to the big favourites tag the franchise have. All the pressure is on them after last seasons annihilations, one with 10 men, so fully expect their prem league squad with 4 extra years and finances in it, as well as their crippling wages they pay to comfortably beat us. They will have to win the next 10 in a row to make honours even given last seasons 2 shock wins for BHA (1901) - fully expect a CP2010FC routine win of course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Speculation that Cahill is next one out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So uch is being made across media of Palace's injury woes, it's setting them up nicely for a 'surprise upset' or a gallantly fought point. Sigh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here