Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Expensive ballpoint pens

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Does anyone buy really expensive pens?

I looking for gift ideas and in John Lewis online a ballpoint pen by Montblanc was a £180. I really like Parker Jotter pens, you can get one from about £10 and I thought they were expensive, but they are good quality and I like they are refillable. I could never imagine spending £180 on one.

I was just curious if anyone had an expensive pen and is it really worth the price?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
QZ4nEUC.gif

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I looking for gift ideas and in John Lewis online a ballpoint pen by Montblanc was a £180. I really like Parker Jotter pens, you can get one from about £10 and I thought they were expensive, but they are good quality and I like they are refillable. I could never imagine spending £180 on one.

I was just curious if anyone had an expensive pen and is it really worth the price?

Storage, always think about where your going to keep your pen safe.....

Attachments

• maxresdefault9.jpg
    maxresdefault9.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 260

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Montblanc are a bit of status symbol. My brother bought me a Cross ballpoint pen years ago which I still have and was impressed enough to buy one for my better half which she used every day in her job.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've got a couple of Montblancs but they're in a drawersomewhere. Bought them 'because I could' at the time, but I now grab the nearest biro and don't give a monkeys.

Are expensive pens worth it? Are they chuff. It's all in the eye of the beholder though, and if they make you happy then good for you! :smile:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I get mine from William Hill, complimentary

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Oddly just yesterday I was reminiscing back to the days when Parker pens were considered "posh" and the sort of thing your grandparents might get you for Christmas. Was considering getting a custom engraved one for old times sake.

Few years ago someone realised a montblanc refill would fit in some disposable pen casing so you could get montblanc writing experience at the fraction of the cost. Montblanc supposedly changed the shape of the refills so that doesn't work any more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like a Lamy combination pen/pencil

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Have always used Parker pens, from when I was a yoof.
My dad always used to get them from the Parker Pen factory in Newhaven, from when he used to work on the harbour.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Oddly just yesterday I was reminiscing back to the days when Parker pens were considered "posh" and the sort of thing your grandparents might get you for Christmas. Was considering getting a custom engraved one for old times sake.

Never had a Parker pen but always liked their ad with Penelope Keith

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I still use a Parker pen my parents bought me for Christmas about forty years ago. I assume they've not changed much as the refills still fit. Could never get on with a fountain pen, albeit I concede there is a certain style to them if you have good handwriting.

Mine is terrible and I can type faster than I write so rarely use a pen except for shopping lists these days.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have got a Waterman pen, It was a gift from a customer so I'm not sure how much it costs.
Very nice pen but I keep it well out of the way of my family as so many pens in my house seem to disappear ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here