Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT Sport (finally) launches a monthly pass

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I would guess they're setting a high recommended price point, so they can offer attractive discounts in future. Everyone loves a bargain.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Although £25 a month is criminally high, they have put 'just' in front of it, so it's not so bad after all.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Hopefully a precursor to deal with Sky which has been in the offing for years. I’ll wait.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Hopefully a precursor to deal with Sky which has been in the offing for years. I’ll wait.

Told by my Sky engineer that visited on Saturday that it will be early in the new year and the BT App will be built in on Sky Q boxes like the Netflix one is now. Sports package that will include BT will be about £45 a month.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Told by my Sky engineer that visited on Saturday that it will be early in the new year and the BT App will be built in on Sky Q boxes like the Netflix one is now. Sports package that will include BT will be about £45 a month.
Thanks hopefully it will be like the Irish Sky deal where there were introductory discounts.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's £8 cheaper a month than NowTV sports pass; though you probably get a broader range of sports on Sky. Like Icy Gull says if there are a couple of Albion away matches coming up it would probably be worth it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I gave up my BT Sport, due to me not having time to warrant paying for it :)

Just contacted them about this and got my monthly subscription reduced by £10

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I gave up my BT Sport, due to me not having time to warrant paying for it :)

Even for £7.50 on contract I gave it up

So few Albion games, just an excuse to go up the pub. Not much interest in CL until final stages, then again pub

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I get BT Sport for free with my EE mobile SIM deal, only works on my phone though. Use it occasionally for their Champs League coverage. Has felt less valuable since I discovered I can watch all matches including every prem and champs league match for free on my phone using the Live Player app..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although £25 a month is criminally high, they have put 'just' in front of it, so it's not so bad after all.

Probably better value for money than a NowTV day pass for £9,99. Might be worth it as a one off for a wet, cold, dark January or February when you don't really fancy going out if you can help it! Don't think I'll be bothering though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably better value for money than a NowTV day pass for £9,99. Might be worth it as a one off for a wet, cold, dark January or February when you don't really fancy going out if you can help it! Don't think I'll be bothering though.

Now THAT’s what you call a Fair Weather Fan :lolol:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Buying Now TV passes from Currys looks like better value- £10 for a week pass And £25 for a month pass makes them the same price as BT

b0a79915dce2b3a4ec7031e435242b6c.jpg
623c1572653187668aded91ceb5f822e.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Possibly useful for February, if you can't make Palace and Watford...

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Surely if they have the setup in place to do a month they could also do a day. I'd have thought there'd be many more takers for that - i.e. people who want to watch a particular match.

BT have always seemed particularly dim-witted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here