Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Will you vote tactically today if you think your preferred party cannot win your seat?

Are you a tactical voter?

• Yes - I will go with least worst option that can win

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • No - I will always go with a party that has the right policies for me

Votes: 34 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep Labour won't win in Brecon and Radnorshire, so I'm voting LD.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bit surprised by this poll, or maybe NSC'ers are clearly just more intelligent than your average Joe...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Sadly no tactical vote was possible for me - only 1 winner in my constituency no matter what.

A tactical vote option would have made my choice so much easier.

Same for me. Tory held seat with over 50% of the vote.

So I'm casting my vote as a pseudo anti-Brexit vote and thus handing it to the Lib Dems, even thought they'll likely be 3rd. I want my Remain viewpoint to be unambiguous.

D

Deleted member 2719

That's how the Tories reach their statistics. From out of their arses. :lolol:

There's a lot more at stake for people than Brexit by allowing Boris a free reign on this country. A lot more.

I have yet to speak to one person who would risk putting Corbyn into power.

If God hadn't wanted us to vote tactically, he wouldn't have invented FPTP :shrug:

God knows f*** all.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
what a fkn mess these people have dragged this country into, if you can vote with a clear conscience for the Conservative party then fair play, you have no conscience and deserve another 5 years of bullshit.

:thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Few things could sum this election up better....

“Democracy is even more important for what it prevents than for what it provides.” - The Late Clive James

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sadly no tactical vote was possible for me - only 1 winner in my constituency no matter what.

A tactical vote option would have made my choice so much easier.

Same here.

I’m voting Lib Dem purely on their remain position but would happily vote Labour if there was a chance they could win here. Unfortunately Fareham is totally blue though.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Go with your conscience or don't vote at all.

IMHO 'tactical voting' is a vile concept and an abuse of your vote.
Absolute nonsense. The value of my vote does not lie in influencing the number of votes gained by each candidate in my consituency it lies in influencing what can affect my life and that of the nation (i.e. what goes on in parliament).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Absolute nonsense. The value of my vote does not lie in influencing the number of votes gained by each candidate in my consituency it lies in influencing what can affect my life and that of the nation (i.e. what goes on in parliament).

So you don't vote with your conscience then? Fair enough, each to their own :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here