Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Will you vote tactically today if you think your preferred party cannot win your seat?

Are you a tactical voter?

• Yes - I will go with least worst option that can win

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • No - I will always go with a party that has the right policies for me

Votes: 34 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There's been a lot of talk about this in recent weeks and a whole host of websites have popped up, this behaviour seems a lot more prevalent in young voter that are less wed to party tribalism.

I would certainly vote tactically if I needed to, little point in voting for someone that has no chance if there is a second best option.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sadly no tactical vote was possible for me - only 1 winner in my constituency no matter what.

A tactical vote option would have made my choice so much easier.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sadly no tactical vote was possible for me - only 1 winner in my constituency no matter what.

A tactical vote option would have made my choice so much easier.

A friend of mine was in that position and used the vote swap website, think there has been a bit of that going on

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tactical voting is an essential part of FPTP democracy. This is our model. It is perfectly reasonable to dislike someone running the country as much as you like someone. Voting for the MP you feel is most in touch locally regardless of party is as valid as voting for a candidate that simply has the best chance of stopping the party you don't want running the country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tactical voting is an essential part of FPTP democracy. This is our model. It is perfectly reasonable to dislike someone running the country as much as you like someone. Voting for the MP you feel is most in touch locally regardless of party is as valid as voting for a candidate that simply has the best chance of stopping the party you don't want running the country.

We have a PM that is trying to use a GE to settle a Brexit that there is no longer a majority for. FPTP is the perfect tool to abuse the population

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Using such an undemocratic voting system, what other choice do we have?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Be interesting later to see how this quite new tactic pans out.

An unpredictable final result, that I believe will simply serve to continue the impasse and chaos in Westminster.

If it is hung, then possible progress with essential such as the NHS will be held up with bickering and more coalition voting.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Be interesting later to see how this quite new tactic pans out.

An unpredictable final result, that I believe will simply serve to continue the impasse and chaos in Westminster.

If it is hung, then possible progress with essential such as the NHS will be held up with bickering and more coalition voting.

Oh please don't kid yourself that screwing our economy by leaving the world's biggest free trading block is somehow good for the NHS, something the Tories have run down for 9 years...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
To be honest, as I don't have my own political party, there is no party that has all the right policies for me and every vote I make is for the least worst option.... but yes, I will generally go for the least worst option that can win, as I did earlier today

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, never, I'm not a vote whore and I'm not that negative. I want to vote FOR something, not just AGAINST something. Plus it's a blindfold choice. I'm guessing people who vote tactically are basing their choice on who came second in their constituency last time. How do you know that will be the case this time? If, for example, the LDs came second last time do you still think they're the best bet to beat the Tory? Labour have been doing better in the polls.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
what a fkn mess these people have dragged this country into, if you can vote with a clear conscience for the Conservative party then fair play, you have no conscience and deserve another 5 years of bullshit.

Vive la resistance Vote Plaid Cymru

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here