Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] What's your election day schedule?

D

Deleted member 2719

I just went for a run in the windy and rain, came back got my polling card and done the business.

Only one blue rosette at the station, busiest I have ever seen it, all the people were over the age of 40 going in and out and some 80-year olds.

Not sure if many snowflakes will brave the weather today.

Work, then get on here at 10pm ready to watch the meltdown.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Up at 8,bowl of cornflakes,stroll round for a newspaper (The Sun,of course),Vote for Brexit,home for a rum-doctored coffee.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I just went for a run in the windy and rain, came back got my polling card and done the business.

Only one blue rosette at the station, busiest I have ever seen it, all the people were over the age of 40 going in and out and some 80-year olds.

Not sure if many snowflakes will brave the weather today.

Work, then get on here at 10pm ready to watch the meltdown.

Don't think the meltdown will occur until 1 a.m. There are so many different polls now taken in such a way that they can vary so much that each channel can find one that suits their narrative!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
6:30 pm - cast my meaningless vote
7:00 am - see what happened
7:01 am - sigh deeply at how screwed we are
7:02 am onwards - avoid any kind of news and get on with my life.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They've moved my polling station to the youth club, in the next building. I found myself in a big long queue for Zumba thinking 'ahhh democracy in action'.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They've moved my polling station to the youth club, in the next building. I found myself in a big long queue for Zumba thinking 'ahhh democracy in action'.

In your lycra? Think you may be on the wrong thread :whistle:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
For me it's a simple 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. working, home and vote, then sleep 6.30 p.m. until 12.30 a.m. and then up and watching the beeb until around 5 a.m. and then grab another couple of hours kip. No booze or fizzy drinks and only good healthy food.

No different to any other working day, as I always watch the BBC Ten O’clock News I will see the exit poll then head to bed.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
About to go out. Cast vote (spoil) then bus to Southwick Square meet sister for coffee and cake then home and following the results from 10pm.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No different to any other working day, as I always watch the BBC Ten O’clock News I will see the exit poll then head to bed.

Sad as it is I can't resist watching it until 5 a.m. ish.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I've got a bumper day of League Two and Europa League stuff, which isn't always ideal for lifting the spirit, and then I'm tempted to go and get smashed in town. That's almost undoubtedly counterproductive, though, as it's not like being told we're screwed in numbers is going to come as a huge shock that needs to be anaesthetised. It's hard realising that so many people lack empathy - and then trying to empathise with them - but, weirdly, the last few weeks of canvassing have been quite spiriting. There are plenty of positive people out there - just not enough.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Went to vote at 7am, into London at 8am, did some work in the office and got on a train to Liverpool. Late lunch meeting, few beers after, dinner and try stay up and out to hear the election results.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Up at 8,bowl of cornflakes,stroll round for a newspaper (The Sun,of course),Vote for Brexit,home for a rum-doctored coffee.

That was your 1975 referendum schedule. What newspaper do you read now ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'll be voting at 7pm. I could go before but my family has always voted at the same polling booth around that time. It's actually in my old school.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'll be voting at 7pm. I could go before but my family has always voted at the same polling booth around that time. It's actually in my old school.

Mrs OW will pass the Polling Station four or five times today but will wait until I'm home and we go together, when we do we'll be trying to convince the teenage boys to walk down with us, just so they know people do actually get off their @rse to vote.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
9am, “Doctor No”. Break for a pee. I need at least three minutes to urinate. Seems to take forever these days. I never thought, when I was in my 20’s I’d have to push.
11:05, “From Russia With Love”.
1:15, “Goldfinger”. Strawberry Nesquilk, fishcakes.
3:35, “Thunderball”. Dump.
6:15, “You Only Live Twice”. Tin of Director’s.
8:20, “Diamonds Are Forever”. Put the roast on as soon as you see the moon buggy

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm not taking part in this election circus with politicians making us dance for them in a battle of egos.

We should all participate, even spoiling a vote is an act of defiance. If thousands did that change would happen, it's got to be better than not taking part.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We should all participate, even spoiling a vote is an act of defiance. If thousands did that change would happen, it's got to be better than not taking part.

But that still means taking part in the game.

If just a million random people voted, the result would still be the same and it would be the same if all non voters voted. I thought the referendum was daft and that a Brexit would be too complicated to pull off, and I took no part in that either.

There was once a time when being able to vote was a human right. But just because we now have that right, it doesn't make it an obligation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
But that still means taking part in the game.

If just a million random people voted, the result would still be the same and it would be the same if all non voters voted. I thought the referendum was daft and that a Brexit would be too complicated to pull off, and I took no part in that either.

There was once a time when being able to vote was a human right. But just because we now have that right, it doesn't make it an obligation.

That's true, it isn't an obligation but it is a right that millions wish they had and some people, not all, really value their vote and the opportunity to have their say.

I strongly feel though that until we get PR we're not going to get the degree of engagement that makes it all worthwhile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here