Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Murray - not sure he's cut out for this punditry lark...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Swansea's Tom Carroll red carded vs Blackburn. Glenn's on SSN covering the game:

Glenn: "The balls in the middle, and Tom Carroll sort of hangs a ball in...hangs a leg in to a challenge against Travis and...and the referee initially gives him a yellow, and then changes it to a red. I'm not sure if its something he said in the melee, or if he just changes his opinion, but yeah. Red card Tom Carroll, Swansea down to 10"

Julian: "I think it might be that it was a second yellow, Glenn. He had a booking earlier in the game. First red of his career, don't think he could believe that tackle warranted a second yellow..."

Glenn: "Lets see if Blackburn can make amends now"

:facepalm: Bloody hell Glenn.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can take the man out of Cumbria...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Swansea's Tom Carroll red carded vs Blackburn. Glenn's on SSN covering the game:

Glenn: "The balls in the middle, and Tom Carroll sort of hangs a ball in...hangs a leg in to a challenge against Travis and...and the referee initially gives him a yellow, and then changes it to a red. I'm not sure if its something he said in the melee, or if he just changes his opinion, but yeah. Red card Tom Carroll, Swansea down to 10"

Julian: "I think it might be that it was a second yellow, Glenn. He had a booking earlier in the game. First red of his career, don't think he could believe that tackle warranted a second yellow..."

Glenn: "Lets see if Blackburn can make amends now"

:facepalm: Bloody hell Glenn.

It’s ok, you’re the only person outside of the sky studio who saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On the contrary, it could be the making of him. One of Chris Kamara's most memorable moments is when he didn't have a scooby what was going on, and he's done alright for himself...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can’t be any worse than that scouse women.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
On the contrary, it could be the making of him. One of Chris Kamara's most memorable moments is when he didn't have a scooby what was going on, and he's done alright for himself...

Oh, has he been sent off, Jeff? I saw him go off the pitch but thought he was being subbed. A red card Jeff? Are you sure?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Chris Kamara has NEVER had a scooby whats goin on. One major difference between them though, Kamara seems to have a big personality, Glenn rather less so.

That's the major reason l like Glenn though, he only speaks when he has something worth saying. Unfortunately to make it as a successful pundit, rubbish needs to spew from your mouth 24/7.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It’s ok, you’re the only person outside of the sky studio who saw it.

Seemingly so :thumbsup:

In fairness he did seem a little nervous and got tongue-tied a couple of times, but overall he did ok. He's obviously looking for these media opportunities now that he's at the fag-end of his career, I really hope it works out for him.

Be interesting to know what the wedge is for spending an evening/afternoon watching a football match and giving brief updates. Jeff and his mob will be on a kings ransom, the likes of Glenn and Clint less so. Maybe he can carve himself a niche there and climb aboard the Skybus once he hangs his boots up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Seemingly so :thumbsup:

In fairness he did seem a little nervous and got tongue-tied a couple of times, but overall he did ok. He's obviously looking for these media opportunities now that he's at the fag-end of his career, I really hope it works out for him.

Be interesting to know what the wedge is for spending an evening/afternoon watching a football match and giving brief updates. Jeff and his mob will be on a kings ransom, the likes of Glenn and Clint less so. Maybe he can carve himself a niche there and climb aboard the Skybus once he hangs his boots up.

Morrison seems to be EVERYWHERE at the moment. Sky, Talkshite and I heard him covering one of the earlier games on Sunday on 5Live as I made my way to the Amex. He's not even that good and a lot of the time, seems to just relate a situation back to what HE did when HE was playing.

He's not alone in that respect. It's a bit like the old-school managers – there seems to be a relatively small pool of them and they seem to all have fingers in many media pies, whether it be newspapers, 5Live, Talkshite, Amazon, BT Sport, Sky Sports or BBC! And that's just in the UK – Gawd knows who does what out of that lot for other countries!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Morrison seems to be EVERYWHERE at the moment. Sky, Talkshite and I heard him covering one of the earlier games on Sunday on 5Live as I made my way to the Amex. He's not even that good and a lot of the time, seems to just relate a situation back to what HE did when HE was playing.

He's not alone in that respect. It's a bit like the old-school managers – there seems to be a relatively small pool of them and they seem to all have fingers in many media pies, whether it be newspapers, 5Live, Talkshite, Amazon, BT Sport, Sky Sports or BBC! And that's just in the UK – Gawd knows who does what out of that lot for other countries!

Morrison's media career has definitely ramped up these last few months across several platforms now, you're right. I actually don't mind him, I think he comes across well, he has a relaxed style and of course he'll draw on his (fairly recent) experiences as a player to get a point across. He's one of the less irksome pundits IMO.

This is Glenns final season as a player you'd assume. He must be looking at the likes of Morrison and the foothold he's managed to get in the broadcast media, and thinking "hopefully I can get me some of that". A gig on the SSN panel like last night is almost like having a trial, as thats exactly how Morrison started out.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Chris Kamara has NEVER had a scooby whats goin on. One major difference between them though, Kamara seems to have a big personality, Glenn rather less so.

That's the major reason l like Glenn though, he only speaks when he has something worth saying. Unfortunately to make it as a successful pundit, rubbish needs to spew from your mouth 24/7.

Chris Kamara was singing (yes really) on Strictly It Takes Two, last night. He has a very good voice.

Other Albion players made occasional appearances whilst still playing, Steve Sidwell, Liam Rosenior and although he has now retired, Keith Andrews. Matthew Upson appears occasionally. I think it's just extra pocket money for them as opposed to a career.

Glenn was on Question of Sport not so long ago, and was quite knowledgeable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here