Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace to Palace

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The period between Palace away and Palace at The Amex looks like it will go a long way to deciding our season. According to the "To Avoid Potter Bashing Staying Up Tracker", we should get 19 points from the 12 games.

Dec:
Palace (a)
Sheff United (h)
Tottenham (a)
Bournemouth (h)

Jan:
Chelsea (h)
Everton (a)
Villa (h)
Bournemouth (a)

Feb:
West Ham (a)
Watford (h)
Sheff United (a)
Palace (h)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Great, safety before we play Palace!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
9 points in December and the table will be looking good going into next year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every point is as important as every other point in 'deciding our season', same as it ever was. Some crucial ones already under the belt, others yet to come. Obviously.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well

If the tracker is right and we pick up 19 from those games .... add that to the 19 and the decent GD we already have and that's all we need for another year.

I'd settle for 15 there as long as 6 of them are against Palace

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bournemouth twice in that period will be interesting, they are struggling with injuries so maybe not a bad time to play them. And Sheffield United twice as well, those will be tough games but interesting to see how our style matches up against them

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Deja vu from last season when we were looking at that ‘winnable run of games’ that would define our season

As long as we avoid a repeat this season I will be happy

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bournemouth twice in that period will be interesting, they are struggling with injuries so maybe not a bad time to play them. And Sheffield United twice as well, those will be tough games but interesting to see how our style matches up against them

True, I have in mind that Bournemouth are our bogey team like Leyton Orient were back in the mid 90s when we had the rivalry that was annoying in that it was entirely dreamed up by them. Yes I hated them so much at the time from Scott McCunt, Barry wanting us to have points deducted all because some Albion fan wanted to play tag with Ray Wilkins, and yes we struggled to beat them even when they had the oldest goalkeeper in the league playing for them in front of the cameras again.....
It was not until we smashed them in our promotion season I think 3-0 when we packed out their away end that we finally shook them off our backs and went looking for Palace again.

That is how I see Bournemouth, not in the same rivalry why, but I am hoping after beating them in the cup last year we can now beat them home and away this year and put them to one side, we have moved on and they will get relegated.

There is a logic in that somewhere.....

Is there ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
True, I have in mind that Bournemouth are our bogey team like Leyton Orient were back in the mid 90s when we had the rivalry that was annoying in that it was entirely dreamed up by them. Yes I hated them so much at the time from Scott McCunt, Barry wanting us to have points deducted all because some Albion fan wanted to play tag with Ray Wilkins, and yes we struggled to beat them even when they had the oldest goalkeeper in the league playing for them in front of the cameras again.....
It was not until we smashed them in our promotion season I think 3-0 when we packed out their away end that we finally shook them off our backs and went looking for Palace again.

That is how I see Bournemouth, not in the same rivalry why, but I am hoping after beating them in the cup last year we can now beat them home and away this year and put them to one side, we have moved on and they will get relegated.

There is a logic in that somewhere.....

Is there ?

There is...

I've always said they won't get relegated as long as Howe as there, but they are certainly wobbling at the moment, and his head is being a little turned by Everton and the likes....

I expect they are looking forward to playing us too....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Deja vu from last season when we were looking at that ‘winnable run of games’ that would define our season

As long as we avoid a repeat this season I will be happy

Yes, I remember the points tracker showing we we at the Huddersfield at home points bracket something like two months early, and then we got to that game desperately needing to win

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You can't take anything for granted. Sheffield United have been excellent , hopefully Bournemouth injuries are still there when we play them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here