Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Has your voting intention changed since the election was called?

Has your voting intention changed since the General Election was called?

• No, I will vote for the same party I already had in mind

Votes: 151 65.7%
  • Yes, I have changed my mind and will vote differently

Votes: 37 16.1%
  • I did not know who I was going to vote for, but do now

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • I didn't know who I was going to vote for, and still don't

Votes: 17 7.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've had six weeks or so of people copying and pasting tweets, newspaper excerpts and oh-so-hilarious memes that support their views (whilst simultaneously ignoring those that don't) to try and persuade others to join their side.

Apparently, some politicians have also been campaigning for your support during this same period.

Has it worked?

Has your voting intention changed from where you were in late October?

D

Deleted member 2719

I was going to do this one too!

I have a feeling we have a few swingers on NSC.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Nope.

I have found this whole campaign to be rather pathetic and cringeworthy. Lies countered with more lies. Abject failings of leadership all round. An awful set of candidates to vote for.

As for politicians campaigning for my support, I have had lots of leaflets from Labour (none of which mention who the PM would be), some from the Conservatives and one from the Lib Dems. Nothing from the Greens or anyone else. And as is par for the course, none have knocked on my door yet - I have been of voting age for 35 years now and am still waiting for the first candidate to actually do so. Oh well, at least it will be over soon. Until the next one.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Nope.

I have heard nothing which has convinced me to change my vote. If anything the promises of all parties have got sillier and harder to believe.

Apart from Farage who has made an utter tool of himself,I’m struggling to think of anything anyone has said which we didn’t know before the election started....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hmmm. Tricky one.

I'm definitely a Lib Dem at heart and they are still the party with more policies that I agree with than any other. However, where I live Labour WILL win with a massive majority (Tories 2nd) so my LD vote would have been a protest one at best. Instead I have voted Green as I also agree with many of their policies and my mate is the local candidate. So still just a protest vote but my mind was changed when I found out that I knew the candidate.

Shithouse voting system.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When the election was called, I had a gut feeling as to who I would vote for and that was who I ended up (postal) voting for - to be honest though, I cast my vote on the basis of which option I found to be less awful than the others as I found precious little in any of the campaigns that made me feel positive for the coming months and years, just largely the same empty promises and rhetoric as ever.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ive managed to avoid all the ‘leaders’ debates etc on tv/radio ,,,,I’d had enough of them before the general election was called so didn't need anymore.....no door knockers...plenty of leaflets ....i will vote and have only just made my mind up

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes and No.

No - because I have always been 'anyone but Boris'.

Yes - because [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] has ground me down as I was previously anyone but jezza' as well.

All of this though comes with the huge caveat that my vote, like many of ours, is completely worthless.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was going to vote Green, but the candidate stood down as it's a marginal. So, I was going to vote Labour, but then looked up just how marginal it was. So, will be voting Lib Dem to make sure the Tory doesn't get in here.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I voted selfishly and intended to vote selfishly the entire time. The Lib Dems are the only party that would make it easier for me to move back to the UK with my non EU wife, so I voted for them.

Not that it'll matter, but that's that.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
What I don't get, and excuse me for being a little bit thick, but the Tories are the only party who want to "do Brexit", yet all the time I am being told on here, and elsewhere, that public opinion has changed and people now want to stay in Europe.

So who the **** exactly are voting for these ***** to give them a raised majority?

Thank you for your time!!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Nope. I started out thinking that there is no way so could vote for either main party and still do. I can’t decide whether to spoil my vote, vote for a party that has no chance of winning or just not bother voting at all. It’s a depressing choice.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Thought I was pretty much decided at the beginning, but as it has progressed have completely lost interest and don't know/care.

The Tory will get in anyway.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What I don't get, and excuse me for being a little bit thick, but the Tories are the only party who want to "do Brexit", yet all the time I am being told on here, and elsewhere, that public opinion has changed and people now want to stay in Europe.

So who the **** exactly are voting for these ***** to give them a raised majority?

Brexit was voted for by 52% of the voting public. The Tories will win the upcoming election with about 45% of the vote. The second referendum supporting parties will garner about 51-52%. But our first past the post system won't turn that into a majority. So there you have it.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I feel the same way as I did when it all started:

"I'm through with the Movement long since. I saw men didn't want to be saved from themselves, for that would mean they'd have to give up greed, and they'll never pay that price for liberty. So I said to the world, God bless all here, and may the best man win and die of gluttony! And I took a seat in the grandstand of philosophical detachment to fall asleep observing the cannibals do their death dance." (from 'The Iceman Cometh' Eugene O'Neill.)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

A minority of the electorate - about 41-43%.

You can thank our ridiculous voting system for that. A voting system that will never be changed, because it would require legislation to be passed by one of the two parties that can realistically win an election under the current system. And neither would ever do that as they know it'll make it much harder for them to form majority governments.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only in the sense that I’ll be voting tactically. It’s not so much who I’m voting FOR but who I’m voting AGAINST.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here