Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] West Grinstead New Town

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They'll just do it by stealth anyway.

Far too much money involved to allow the electorates opinion matter.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As someone who has to suffer the A272 and A24 being ****ed up every rush hour around Buck Barn I have voted agin it...

Perhaps any Horsham District NSCers might care to be agin it as well.

https://www.savewestgrinstead.co.uk/

As someone that has to drive to and from Havant at least three times a week I'd rather they got on with the Arundel bypass first !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As someone who has to suffer the A272 and A24 being ****ed up every rush hour around Buck Barn I have voted agin it...

Perhaps any Horsham District NSCers might care to be agin it as well.

https://www.savewestgrinstead.co.uk/

Signed.

You can well imagine how outraged by it l am. If it happens it will well and truly clog the A272 to a standstill. It's already bad enough queuing to drive through Cowfold as it is.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Not to mention that new town that they want to build between Twineham and Sayers Common.

Without significant road upgrades (i.e. dual carriages to replace A272 and bypass Cowfold) traffic will just get ridiculous.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I take it you haven't been near Horsham in the past couple of years then?

I have; to a house warming party for a young couple, who have recently just bought their first home. It was a new build, and a lovely home.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the plus side it'll put an end to all the cycling that's currently done on the beautiful quiet country lanes.

So the increase in traffic is not all bad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not to mention that new town that they want to build between Twineham and Sayers Common.

Without significant road upgrades (i.e. dual carriages to replace A272 and bypass Cowfold) traffic will just get ridiculous.

Indeed it won't. Cowfold is already officially the most polluted village in West Sussex from traffic fumes, this will only make it multiple times worse.

Cough, splutter.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Signed. I don't often have to go out that way but on the occasions I do it's a bloody nightmare.

I'm also with [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] in sorting out the Arundel bypass. My trip to work is a ballache.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have; to a house warming party for a young couple, who have recently just bought their first home. It was a new build, and a lovely home.

I wonder how you would feel, if a few thousand houses like that, (3,500 in the case of this proposed new development at West Grinstead), however lovely they may be, were built on green belt land, very close to where you live?

Yes l know, the population is rising, l know people need to live somewhere, but as others have said, it's the logistics that the developers seem to convenienly ignore. Where are people going to work? where are the kids going to go to school? where will they shop? where are the nearest available doctor's surgeries?, what are the transport links like?

Building the houses is just the easy bit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've very much enjoyed the PLETHORA of roadworks and temporary traffic lights spaffed all over the vicinity of Haywards Heath on the A272 these last few weeks. From Butlers Green, to the roundabout near Cuckfield, to the ones at the top of the hill by Ansty, and as a delicious bonus, the ones blocking the "escape routes", the A2112 by Wivelsfield and the B2036 towards BH by that little double-roundabout. Oh that one was a doozy.

There were days last month where there was quite literally no avoiding at least one tailback, whatever route you took into the "Heart of West Sussex". What an absolute CACKFEST getting to work and back has been lately.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've very much enjoyed the PLETHORA of roadworks and temporary traffic lights spaffed all over the vicinity of Haywards Heath on the A272 these last few weeks. From Butlers Green, to the roundabout near Cuckfield, to the ones at the top of the hill by Ansty, and as a delicious bonus, the ones blocking the "escape routes", the A2112 by Wivelsfield and the B2036 towards BH by that little double-roundabout. Oh that one was a doozy.

There were days last month where there was quite literally no avoiding at least one tailback, whatever route you took into the "Heart of West Sussex". What an absolute CACKFEST getting to work and back has been lately.

And it's only just started.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how you would feel, if a few thousand houses like that, (3,500 in the case of this proposed new development at West Grinstead), however lovely they may be, were built on green belt land, very close to where you live?

Yes l know, the population is rising, l know people need t live somewhere, but as others have said, it's the logistics that the developers seem to ignore. Where people going to work? where are the kids going to go to school? where will they shop? where are the nearest available doctor's surgeries?, what are the transport links life?

Building the houses is just the easy bit

We've had considerably more than 3,500 houses sneak up around us, down south.

Not one bit of infrastructure has been added.
The A259 is unchanged and unusable, at all hours.
That's despite having all the trees along side of it cut down in readiness for road improvements, over a year ago.

The only obvious advantage is my village has a brand new Waterstones and is getting a KFC, so it's not all bad news.

If this has to be done I would insist on an 'infrastructure first' policy.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As someone that has to drive to and from Havant at least three times a week I'd rather they got on with the Arundel bypass first !

The route you need is Magenta

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here