Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carlo Ancelotti

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sacked by Napoli after guiding them into the last 16 of the Champions League.

What did he do wrong ?

Everton / Arsenal anyone ?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I can see Arsenal making a swoop.

Ancelotti has been a decent manager at every club he has managed, although for whatever reasons it never worked out at Napoli.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This has been on the cards for a couple of months, he had a fall out with the owner.

When Napoli had a couple of bad results, the owner basically consigned the players to a detention which didn’t go down well to say the least and some of the players reacted against it and there was pretty much a mutiny. Ancellotti defended the players and his relationship with the owner never recovered.

He did ok there but there were also doubts that his coaching wasn’t as good as Sarri’s before him and he wasn’t getting as much from the players as Sarri. They were expected to challenge Juve this season in Serie A with Juve changing direction massively in appointing Sarri but it just hasn’t happened.

Think Genaro Gattusso will be taking over there.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Italian football is even more trigger happy than English football - AC Milan have been through the managers like nobody's business recently. Gattuso seems to get picked up and dumped regularly, I'm sure he won't be at Napoli for too long before they want him out the door as well.

el punal

Italian football is even more trigger happy than English football - AC Milan have been through the managers like nobody's business recently. Gattuso seems to get picked up and dumped regularly, I'm sure he won't be at Napoli for too long before they want him out the door as well.

English football also has its own way of dumping managers in a trigger happy way, just look at Watford and they’re owned by . . . . oh . . . . Italians. :ohmy:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He lost control over the squad and they are 7th in the league. But he is a nice guy with a big trophy bag, I'm sure he will soon be overrated elsewhere.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Sacked for speaking to other teams without permission would be my guess, if its solely for football reasons then Napoli are mental, excellent manager.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The slide has started i reckon. He's got a cv that would be the envy of most, but Arsenal seems a good match. He wouldn't walk into any A grade European club anymore.

I really like him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Arsenal aren't already on the blower to him then that would be weapons grade buffoonery on their part. He won't be on the dole for long.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He lost control over the squad and they are 7th in the league. But he is a nice guy with a big trophy bag, I'm sure he will soon be overrated elsewhere.

Won the League and cup double with Chelsea in 2010. Overrated? I don't think so. Arsenal would do well to appoint him, but I don't think they will, he will demand a lot of money to sign new players, and Arsenal won't spend it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Won the League and cup double with Chelsea in 2010. Overrated? I don't think so. Arsenal would do well to appoint him, but I don't think they will, he will demand a lot of money to sign new players, and Arsenal won't spend it.

Yeah he has won titles (which is something that happens when you coach some of the best teams in the world) and yet I think he is overrated.because the squads he's managed has rarely played anywhere close to their full capacity. The people overrating him often speak about his two CL titles in Milan.

To me though, one league title in eight years with Maldini, Stam, Nesta, Cafu, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi etc is really poor.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
He’s a very good man manager but not tactically as astute as the top coaches these days. The Bayern and Napoli players were a bit disappointed in his coaching, tactics and intensity after Pep and Sarri respectively.

He’s not what Arsenal need, if they’re looking in Europe again, there are much better modern coaches they could look at. His best days are definitely behind him.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Ancelotti was fighting with the owner - e.g. last month the owner demanded that the manager and the squad participate in a training camp - Ancelotti told the players to go home.

They have been planning on dumping him for a couple of months - they wanted him to get them CL qualification first to get the money.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a big ask mid-season to leave the football cauldron that is Naples and pitch up in London and be asked to rescue an Arsenal side that has fallen behind Spurs in all departments.

His CV is such that he can take the time to recharge his batteries and decide what he wants to do next.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Whilst I don’t think he is one of the top level coaches anymore and that he is definitely not what Arsenal need, I think he could be a very good appointment for Everton. They’ve got some very talented players who could probably do with their ego’s beeimg massaged which he’s very good at. They might step it up for a manager with his stature.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There was a time when you would have assumed it was Everton going for Arteta and Arsenal going for Ancellotti, not the other way around.

Arsenal Fans TV is Gold at the moment, even talk of a relegation scrap. Arteta lost out to Emery last time Arsenal appointed a manager so it doesn't bode well.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
To me though, one league title in eight years with Maldini, Stam, Nesta, Cafu, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi etc is really poor.

Hard to believe he only recorded one league title after managing all those giants of the footballing world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here