Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Singing section for Wednesday game

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
This is the first thread I’ve ever started, so bare with me.

So, following on from the atmosphere thread, don’t you think the Wednesday game is the perfect opportunity to try to get a singing section together?

By singing section I mean a block where the different singing groups of the North and other like minded fans can all get together.

I’ve always been of the opinion that ‘banter’ between opposing fans is a massive part of the football atmosphere experience and it’s something that is lacking at The Amex. So, I think we should have this section next to the away end for this game. Out of all the teams we’d love to wind up with another win, surely Massive is up there.

Or, if both groups are willing, we could all move to the central part of the North Stand.

If nothing is done, we’ll have the same old problem of 2 or 3 songs going on at the same time with only occasionally getting a song that gets the whole ground involved.

So, where’s it going to be?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Great idea in theory but unless you can soothe the egos of the two main NS groups you find yourself with all the singers gathered together but still wanting to sing different songs at the same time. :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we can't get an atmosphere for 28k+ attendance PL game off the back of a win away at Arsenal, you've got no hope at an FA Cup 3rd Round game where we open the stadium bit by bit

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If we can't get an atmosphere for 28k+ attendance PL game off the back of a win away at Arsenal, you've got no hope at an FA Cup 3rd Round game where we open the stadium bit by bit

That's the attitude

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Great idea in theory but unless you can soothe the egos of the two main NS groups you find yourself with all the singers gathered together but still wanting to sing different songs at the same time. :shrug:

‘Don’t go Breaking my (Gary) Heart’ - give the police box crew the Elton John vocal part and the rest of the North the Kiki Dee vocal part. Job done.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS the thread title had me checking the fixtures for a game next Wednesday as I didn’t read the thread first :rolleyes:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cup games are the perfect opportunity to get together with like minded mates who prefer not to sit in silence in fear of some fanny asking you to keep the noise down, pick a spot buy all your tickets in the same location and have a blast.

The powers that be to their credit have made The Amex into a mainly family friendly place where people can go to enjoy the game in relative safety, this of course has come at the cost of sucking the very lifeblood out of match day atmospheres as nobody wants to hear F this F that around their nippers.

I think there's about 4 chants that are sung on a regular basis, the innovative chants of yesteryear are long gone, Rip Sandy BTW.

Most if not all home fans are much vociferous these days, it's not just at the Amex, it's still however possible to have a good old sing song if you plan it right.

It's a pity Toofy's in Oz stroking wild animals, he loved a knees up mother brown. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS the thread title had me checking the fixtures for a game next Wednesday as I didn’t read the thread first :rolleyes:
I kept reading thinking, 'what's this idiot on about, we're playing United'? :facepalm:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

No egos from the lot in front of the screen.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Cup games are the perfect opportunity to get together with like minded mates who prefer not to sit in silence in fear of some fanny asking you to keep the noise down, pick a spot buy all your tickets in the same location and have a blast.

The powers that be to their credit have made The Amex into a mainly family friendly place where people can go to enjoy the game in relative safety, this of course has come at the cost of sucking the very lifeblood out of match day atmospheres as nobody wants to hear F this F that around their nippers.

I think there's about 4 chants that are sung on a regular basis, the innovative chants of yesteryear are long gone, Rip Sandy BTW.

Most if not all home fans are much vociferous these days, it's not just at the Amex, it's still however possible to have a good old sing song if you plan it right.

It's a pity Toofy's in Oz stroking wild animals, he loved a knees up mother brown. :lolol:

Exactly, so why can’t all the singers get together? I am willing to move from my seat in front of the screen in the North Stand.

I suggest W1B. Fill it from the back rows down. It can be like H Block.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Are we singing or signing? If singing, I'm going for Messi. If signing, I'm a little traditional with Sussex by the Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here