Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Did You Know?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I wish I knew the names of the 15 people who are dead for me. I would honour them in some way.

I don't know for sure your Fifteen individuals but it's a good guess some have the following names
Muhammad,
Ibrahim,
Hassan,
Peter,
John,
Fatima,
Mary,
Miguel,
Alice,
Aarva,
Ali,
Bi,
Ci,
Sofia, An,
Chin,
We,

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Hereford United’s top scorer for the 1996/97 season was Adrian Foster.

It’s my go-to sports knowledge question no one will ever get.

Here's my sport knowledge question about Hereford United that no one (except some BHA fans) will ever get:

Hereford United were the first club for four years to be relegated to the Conference after finishing bottom. Conference champions Macclesfield Town replaced Hereford (two years after Town had been denied entry to the Third Division). In December, Brighton & Hove Albion were 11 points adrift at the bottom of the Third Division, having had 2 points deducted for a pitch invasion. However a draw in their final game at Hereford kept Brighton in the league, and sent United down.

Surely would have been a tremendous injustice today if BHA were not anywhere near the PL due to a pitch invasion.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I don't know for sure your Fifteen individuals but it's a good guess some have the following names
Muhammad,
Ibrahim,
Hassan,
Peter,
John,
Fatima,
Mary,
Miguel,
Alice,
Aarva,
Ali,
Bi,
Ci,
Sofia, An,
Chin,
We,

Well, then maybe just some sprinkling of "holy water" in Nottingham Forest to honour their heathen names would suffice.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
People sometimes refer to Fanta as the Nazi drink, made to replace unavailable Coca-Cola. But that was a completely different beverage, made of sugar beet, whey and apple skins. The fizzy orange Fanta we know today was created in Italy in 1955.

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Did you know that kidney beans are toxic?

According to the FDA, eating as few as 4-5 uncooked kidney beans can cause severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhea in 1-3 hours after ingestion. Uncooked kidney beans have an unusually high concentration of a chemical called phytohaemagglutinin that is destroyed when the beans are properly cooked by boiling.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
If every adult is given one square foot to stand on, and all kids under age 11 are carried, the world's population can fit on the Isle of Wight

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Most animals given the name red are actually orange, red squirrel, red fox, red panda, robin redbreast etc. they were called red because there was no name for the colour orange when they were named, only the fruit, which then gave its name to the colour.

Excellent factoid.

DYK tarantulas can live for two years without food. No wonder they have no issues arriving in banana crates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Veronica Seider a German lady has officially the best eyesight of any human alive it has be said her eyesight is 20 times better she can identify an individual from over a mile away

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
On Earth there are around 7 billion humans and for every human there are about 1.6 million ants (many called Dave) the total weight of all the ants is about the same as all the humans apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here