Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it obligatory to have a player that you have to be able to diss?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only asking because so many players aren’t good enough for so many NSCers

Stephens
Propper
Maupay until the Arsenal game
Burn is moving to challenge recently
Webster
Mooy for a while not now though
Ali J - even if he’s not playing...obviously now he might be getting game time he’ll be the no 1
Not good enough anymore Murray
Bong is lucky he’s not playing

Anyone would think we were having a shit season :lolol:

Whose yours?

Have I missed any?

If push comes to shove I’ll pick Solly on this season :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's not obligatory but it is natural. You can't like or love everybody

Doesn’t make them shit or not very good though does it? I know what you mean though, just seems weird to read some of the comments when we have been playing so well :shrug:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I don't think Bong has enough quality for the premier league
Murray doesn't seem like the same player anymore
Ali J is a failed experiment / Advertising ploy
Duffy isn't the type of player that fits Potterball
Gross is too slow to play out wide
Solly March is so inconsistent

But I want all of those players to be brilliant every time they step on the pitch and I would never want any of them to fail, as long as they give everything they will all have my 100% backing and support.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
How could you miss Montoya, he is the worst defender in the history of the world and the main reason we are not. Hampions of Europe. Get rid and get Robertson TAA in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It definitely is for Brighton fans and always has been over my 40+ years.

Some years they've deserved it.
But I have no idea what the boo-boys expect when looking out on the very best Albion team/squad ever assembled.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The reality of this season has not been determined yet. It still could be a sh!t season.

We could be in League 2 in a few years but I won’t start worrying about it just yet, I am bloody LOVING this season, shame you can’t enjoy it too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Only asking because so many players aren’t good enough for so many NSCers

Have I missed any?

How can you not include Maty Ryan, way too short to be a top goalkeeper. :moo:

No player is perfect, even those playing for Liverpool and Man City, ours will frustrate and excite in equal measures over the season. If the player pulls on the shirt and gives it his all he's got my backing, if he struts around the pitch like Ryan Harley thinking he doesn't have to put in any effort then they can **** off. Thankfully I don't think any of the current squad do that, they at least appear to be trying even if they aren't quite good enough.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How can you not include Maty Ryan, way too short to be a top goalkeeper. :moo:

No player is perfect, even those playing for Liverpool and Man City, ours will frustrate and excite in equal measures over the season. If the player pulls on the shirt and gives it his all he's got my backing, if he struts around the pitch like Ryan Harley thinking he doesn't have to put in any effort then they can **** off. Thankfully I don't think any of the current squad do that, they at least appear to be trying even if they aren't quite good enough.

I thought I might be accused of being dwarfist so left it alone but now you bring it up...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought I might be accused of being dwarfist so left it alone but now you bring it up...

I just want the club to come clean on the cover up last season, he didn't go to the Asian Cup with Australia he was appearing in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Rhyl.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't think Bong has enough quality for the premier league
Murray doesn't seem like the same player anymore
Ali J is a failed experiment / Advertising ploy
Duffy isn't the type of player that fits Potterball
Gross is too slow to play out wide
Solly March is so inconsistent

But I want all of those players to be brilliant every time they step on the pitch and I would never want any of them to fail, as long as they give everything they will all have my 100% backing and support.

All fair points.

Ultimately though, someone has to have played worse in any team of 11 and so will get some grief as a result. All it takes though is a better game next time and it's zero to hero in an instant.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's just bullying in all honesty, keyboard warriors spaffing off behind their firewalls, just because an Albion player makes an error :shrug:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Haters gonna hate so yes it is.

I do think there’s a distinction to be made between those who boo indiscriminately and often without valid justification versus constructive criticism and those wanting the best for the team however it is inevitable.

I’d second this with do managers always have a player that is either a love child/shit in everyone else’s eyes or must have compromising photos/dirt on them so they get picked regardless...

With GP though I can’t fathom currently who this is because well, erm, he’s either tinkering with the formation or we’re playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not obligatory but it is natural. You can't like or love everybody
You don't have to, but you also don't have to be overly outspoken about your concerns about a player.

With all the shit players we've got and had, as well as the shit managers, it's a miracle we're in the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here