Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle offer season ticket holders free half-season ticket to try to fill St James' Par

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Newcastle are offering season ticket holders a free additional half-season ticket to gift to fellow supporters to help fill St James' Park.

Sunday's 2-1 victory over Southampton was Newcastle's lowest home crowd for a Premier League match since November 2010, with 42,303 in attendance.

The free ticket will cover 10 home Premier League games, starting against Everton on 28 December.

Tickets will be available on a first-come first-served basis from Tuesday.

"To have the crowds we have is wonderful and we can't ever take that for granted," said Magpies boss Steve Bruce."

Why can't we have free matches at the Amex? Barber OUT

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
42,000 attendance is massive. Their problem is that their ground is too large.

Nice problem to have IMHO. Can you ever have a ground too large? Tho having said that, seem to recall me and wee bruv, aged about 12 and 10, going to watch our team Partick Thistle v Queens Park at the old Hampden, which had a ground capacity of around 140,000 at the time. Attendance on the day was less than five hundred, it was snowing, and there's a photo in an old Sunday Post somewhere of me and wee bruv being literally the sole occupants of one entire (uncovered) side of the ground.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Biggest PL surprise for me this season is Newcastle, even over Sheffield United which is a turn up too. I had Newcastle under Bruce down as close to relegation certainties as just about any club. Bruce, the old dinosaur doing a good job there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Newcastle are offering season ticket holders a free additional half-season ticket to gift to fellow supporters to help fill St James' Park.

Sunday's 2-1 victory over Southampton was Newcastle's lowest home crowd for a Premier League match since November 2010, with 42,303 in attendance.

The free ticket will cover 10 home Premier League games, starting against Everton on 28 December.

Tickets will be available on a first-come first-served basis from Tuesday.

"To have the crowds we have is wonderful and we can't ever take that for granted," said Magpies boss Steve Bruce."

Why can't we have free matches at the Amex? Barber OUT

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

You haven’t got a ST have you

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I know they want Ashley out, but what do they want? The Man is delivering, He has invested in the squad, brought in a new manager who has them more points than they did under Rafa. He is still open to offers for the club.

The bloke is a bellend but they could have a lot worse right now, at least they have a team they can go and suppot unlike Bury.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This is forward thinking from Ashley, Charnley, or whoever came up with it.

Mainly for the reason that if the extra support increases their chances of staying up by 1%, it's value. (If you call it £100m for staying up against £100k for selling those, seats, which they weren't going to do anyway.

It also increases the chances of Ashley getting a buyer, Full stadiums look good to oligarchs or oil sheiks or anyone else who might buy them

It's also good PR, which to be fair they don't get much of

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I know they want Ashley out, but what do they want? The Man is delivering, He has invested in the squad, brought in a new manager who has them more points than they did under Rafa. He is still open to offers for the club.

The bloke is a bellend but they could have a lot worse right now, at least they have a team they can go and suppot unlike Bury.

Ashley is a bell end, but he is also spending big money on transfer fees and wages, which is sort of what he is being run out of town for.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Ashley is a bell end, but he is also spending big money on transfer fees and wages, which is sort of what he is being run out of town for.

This season the net outflow to inflow of transfer money was about plus £28m (i.e. £28m extra went out)

2018 minus £4m

2017 about plus £18m

2016 about minus £30m

Over the last 4 seasons Ashley has spent about £12m extra on transfer fess - average spend £3m per year.

I don't think anyone could argue that he has spent anything like 'big money'.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Seems to reward the protesters to me - I'd be a bit miffed having paid hundreds for my ticket to find out that the bloke next to me was given it for free.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Erm, it's short termism. I suspect not so many people will be renewing for next season, they'll just pick and choose then wait for the freebie tickets.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Most under achieving club in English football by a mile, long suffering fans deserve better

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can offer the OP some free letters to fill St James' Par

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You don’t even get what you pay for with Barber, if I purchase a plastic bottle of coke I expect the product I’m paying for to come complete and that means with a lid. If I can’t have a lid why should I pay the full asking price?

There's just no justice....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here