Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] New MPs

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
So how many come Friday will be elected for first time in their lives?

Could be quite a change over this time round - I will go for 57

Don't count if have been an MP before or winning back seat they held and lost in past

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
So how many come Friday will be elected for first time in their lives?

Could be quite a change over this time round - I will go for 57

Don't count if have been an MP before or winning back seat they held and lost in past

70 MPs aren't standing for re-election so I think you're a bit out there. Could be over 100

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Should Ian Duncan Smith get unseated I reckon we'll see a potential future Prime Minister, Faiza Shaheen, elected for the first time. She's absolutely fantastic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are there any worthwhile blogs, vlogs, films or similar documenting the experience of a new MP entering the Commons for the first time?

It must be one hell of a "first day at a new job" - I'd love to read/hear about that experience.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Should Ian Duncan Smith get unseated I reckon we'll see a potential future Prime Minister, Faiza Shaheen, elected for the first time. She's absolutely fantastic.

Not to anyone who actually works for a living and has to pay for the handouts she and Corbyn want to give to anyone who doesn't want to work.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Not to anyone who actually works for a living and has to pay for the handouts she and Corbyn want to give to anyone who doesn't want to work.

I'm not going to get into a policy argument with you because I have better things to do, but you really couldn't have formed a lazier and more I'll informed opinion if you'd tried, there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here