[Politics] General Election 2019 "up all night" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who is planning on doing the classic election all-nighter?

How are your plans taking shape?

Are you going to try and get some extra sleep in over the next three nights or just going to wing it.

One advantage of a December election is the huge variety of snack products that are available in the shops. I expect to consume my bodyweight in added salt on the big night.

(This thread will be closed at some point on election evening and the main thread will be used through the night.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It will depend on the exit poll at 10pm. If it's close I will definitely stay up but if as expected it will be a clear majority I will go to bed with Radio 4 and headphones

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Yes, I'm in. Actually looking forward to it.

Will try to get a couple of hours sleep in the afternoon and make sure I have no plans for the following day.

Just need to decide on booze really, cant be too strong or i will be asleep before the bulk of the results come in, its a problem.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
It will depend on the exit poll at 10pm. If it's close I will definitely stay up but if as expected it will be a clear majority I will go to bed with Radio 4 and headphones

Good point! I expect the Tories to win a majority and if it looks like a big majority I may well hit the Vodka early so I can sllep through it.

IF there is some smart tactical voting, there could be some big scalps so it could hold a few moments of joy.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I will defiantly be up all night first as a teller at my local polling station then offering lifts to less mobile voters then the pub followed by the count for East Worthing and Shoreham which has become a real marginal and then finally home to watch TV

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think there's going to be so much local volatility this time, and there'll be some major shocks on the cards - I'm going to stay up regardless, although I may well bail out around 4 or 5am, depending on how it's going.

Yes, I'm in. Actually looking forward to it.

Will try to get a couple of hours sleep in the afternoon and make sure I have no plans for the following day.

Just need to decide on booze really, cant be too strong or i will be asleep before the bulk of the results come in, its a problem.

I think I'm going to stay off the booze for the reason you identify.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I will defiantly be up all night first as a teller at my local polling station then offering lifts to less mobile voters then the pub followed by the count for East Worthing and Shoreham which has become a real marginal and then finally home to watch TV

That's my constituency. I've been wondering how Sophie Cook running as an independent could hinder Labour's chances.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm looking forward to see certain MPs not getting re-elected.

Especially that Soubry woman.

TB

To see Johnson lose his seat would be wonderful.... and it could happen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Normally stay up. But it will depend on the exit poll.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think there's going to be so much local volatility this time, and there'll be some major shocks on the cards - I'm going to stay up regardless, although I may well bail out around 4 or 5am, depending on how it's going.

I think I'm going to stay off the booze for the reason you identify.

Can't see EW & S going red.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
One of the advantages of living here is getting to watch the election coverage at a reasonable hour. I'll probably watch it until around midnight here (5am UK time).

I'm actually flying back to England the next night, so I'll be there to witness the aftermath. I imagine it will be like a zombie apocalypse.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I always love the first hour - just for the dopey stuff that gets said - I quote without recalling precisely but "if that's the right result I'll eat my hat" is the biggest recent memory. Seeing all the students from Sunderland University in their brand new Adidas trainers delivering the ballot boxes and trying to be first to declare is a bit of sport too.

Whether I get past 1.00am depends on how entertaining it really is, and whether there are any big flounces early on. When the knives come out for Corbyn I'll probably be keeled over and dribbling disgracefully, although that might be quite early if the suggested majority materialises.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Good point! I expect the Tories to win a majority and if it looks like a big majority I may well hit the Vodka early so I can sleep through it.

IF there is some smart tactical voting, there could be some big scalps so it could hold a few moments of joy.

The full 5 years?
Good going mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here