Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dogs

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dogs

They really are the best

I got a new pup this year and although he has driven me mad the last 8 months he is becoming a great friend, lifelong companion. So the hard work from 9 weeks on is paying off now

Do you have a Dog and share photos ?

Bobby has given me a new lease of life after my beloved Harry, another Golden Retriever died 6 years ago

Took me 5 years to get over that loss and have another

As I said Dogs really are so loyal and loving

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
They’re the best. Can’t get my head around people not liking them. I’m lucky enough to work with them everyday too and wouldn’t change it for the world [emoji1303]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They’re the best. Can’t get my head around people not liking them. I’m lucky enough to work with them everyday too and wouldn’t change it for the world [emoji1303]

If someone says " I don't like Dogs " the radar is immediately raised

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Got a sproodle in July now 6 months old and then my sons Collie who's 4. They love each other and its given Mrs P something to lift her depression which was quite bad

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Got 2 Labradors, aged 9 and 11.
Most beautiful, loyal, even tempered dogs you could wish for.
Dreading the day when we have to say goodbye to them.
We lost one of our previous dogs to cancer when she was only 5, it was heartbreaking.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Golden Retrivers all day for me. Such kind hearts, all of them

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
IMG_20191203_081350.jpg

Max just had his first birthday and loved the sponge cake Mrs B baked for him.

Our first dog, always had cats before but after our last one passed away last year, finally said yes to a dog after my daughters constant pleading.

Love him to bits. Fit right into the family and wouldn't be without him. Comes to work with me 3 days a week in the van.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My 16 year old dog died in early January last year. I love dogs and have had one most of my life but I just can’t bring myself to get another one yet. I will but it’s not going to be anytime soon :down:

Last edited:

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Our last 2 have been Black Labs. The first one was a boy and we had him before our daughter was born. He was amazing with her and so gentle and patient. She would crawl all over him, fingers in his ears and eyes and he never did anything. Mind you he was also the most stupid dog. You could teach him something and think he knew it and then 10 seconds later he would forget. He wanted to be with you all the time and would come and sit on your lap.
After he died, someone approached us who had seen us with him and told us about their friend who was getting a divorce and they couldnt look after the Black lab bitch they had. So we said we would look after her. She was so fat when she arrived but 6 months of diet and exercise sorted her out. her temperment was totally different. She wasnt nasty at all bu just not bothered by people. And she loved her food... And yours and ours and anybody elses. She died of cancer about 18 months ago. My wife and daughter want another one but with one eye on an early semi retirement and planning a lot of sailing I dont think I have the time to put into another one,

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The loyalty test - who loves you more, your dog or your missus?

Simply shut them both in the boot of you car overnight and in the morning the winner will be the one most pleased to see you ...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Definitely a winner for anyone who, for whatever reason, is not competent in two-way conversation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Definitely a winner for anyone who, for whatever reason, is not competent in two-way conversation.

Or for those who find them more interesting and enjoyable company than so many people

I concur with what you’re saying in relation to computer games though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve got a mental Jack Russell who drives us all bonkers. She steals food, gets shut in where she shouldn’t be, runs around the house barking her head off if anyone gets remotely excited and needs so much exercise it’s beyond belief. Love her though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our 16 year old white retriever died 2 weeks ago, greatly missed mostly by our 4 year old springer 02115CD8-D99B-4EA7-A4B9-D381759671E1.jpeg

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Speciesism

Domesticated animals are completely dependent on humans, who control every aspect of their lives. Unlike human children, who will one day become autonomous, non-humans never will. That is the entire point of domestication – we want domesticated animals to depend on us. They remain perpetually in a netherworld of vulnerability, dependent on us for everything that is of relevance to them. We have bred them to be compliant and servile, and to have characteristics that are pleasing to us, even though many of those characteristics are harmful to the animals involved. We might make them happy in one sense, but the relationship can never be ‘natural’ or ‘normal’. They do not belong in our world, irrespective of how well we treat them. This is more or less true of all domesticated non-humans. They are perpetually dependent on us. We control their lives forever. They truly are ‘animal slaves’. Some of us might be benevolent masters, but we really can’t be anything more than that.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Speciesism

Domesticated animals are completely dependent on humans, who control every aspect of their lives. Unlike human children, who will one day become autonomous, non-humans never will. That is the entire point of domestication – we want domesticated animals to depend on us. They remain perpetually in a netherworld of vulnerability, dependent on us for everything that is of relevance to them. We have bred them to be compliant and servile, and to have characteristics that are pleasing to us, even though many of those characteristics are harmful to the animals involved. We might make them happy in one sense, but the relationship can never be ‘natural’ or ‘normal’. They do not belong in our world, irrespective of how well we treat them. This is more or less true of all domesticated non-humans. They are perpetually dependent on us. We control their lives forever. They truly are ‘animal slaves’. Some of us might be benevolent masters, but we really can’t be anything more than that.

**** me, you sound like a laugh.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Speciesism

Never mind all that, got any photos of your dog? :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here