Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Festive 'Burger' at the Amex yesterday

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Anyone else have one?

I bought it thinking it was the prime burger only to have a congealed, cheap turkey burger and jam combo. :sick:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else have one?

I bought it thinking it was the prime burger only to have a congealed, cheap turkey burger and jam combo. :sick:

You should have had the Festive Pizza :xmas:

78558821_10157182362172763_3695826320349986816_n.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone else have one?

I thought it sounded decent when I saw it on the menu boards when I was at the Amex on Saturday for the AITC Festive Fun Run, and mentioned it to a few people.

I then got a load of flak after the game for it being horrible, as you describe.

I was tempted to get the veggie version which was with halloumi instead of the turkey, but thought £6 was a touch pricey so stuck with the pie.

I'll add though, that it's fantastic to have so many choices as a veggie. Yesterday in the WSU I could choose from...

- The festive halloumi "burger"
- Vegan roll (anyone know what these are like)
- Noodles with quorn and veg
- Veggie pie

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought it sounded decent when I saw it on the menu boards when I was at the Amex on Saturday for the AITC Festive Fun Run, and mentioned it to a few people.

I then got a load of flak after the game for it being horrible, as you describe.

I was tempted to get the veggie version which was with halloumi instead of the turkey, but thought £6 was a touch pricey so stuck with the pie.

I'll add though, that it's fantastic to have so many choices as a veggie. Yesterday in the WSU I could choose from...

- The festive halloumi "burger"
- Vegan roll (anyone know what these are like)
- Noodles with quorn and veg
- Veggie pie

Noodles with quorn and veg, has anyone tried this? They used to have an Asian style noodle dish for sale in the WSL concourse kiosks a year or two ago. Is this the same thing?

I'm not vegetarian, but often fancy a changer from either the standard pie, hot dog, or burger option pre match.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Anyone else have one?

I asked for a prime burger at half time and was told it wasn't the normal prime burger but a Turkey thing and foolishly went ahead and had it anyway. Didn't like it at all. £5.50 wasted.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I had the festive veggie pie yesterday, it was very tasty though the filling was a bit runny which made the pastry a bit soft. Also it took a bit of a leap of faith to eat it as the filling looked decidedly like a meat-type sauce but it seemed to be various vegetables in a rich cranberry/red wine type sauce.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
My mate had the festive pie, said it was excellent (if slightly sweet due to the cranberries)

Did it linger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had the festive veggie pie yesterday, it was very tasty though the filling was a bit runny which made the pastry a bit soft. Also it took a bit of a leap of faith to eat it as the filling looked decidedly like a meat-type sauce but it seemed to be various vegetables in a rich cranberry/red wine type sauce.

That was exactly what I thought when I took my first bite!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They're a good option, good to have something on the menu for those who are vegan or can't do the diary in the vegetarian options. Very greasy though and soak right through the packaging so need a few napkins.

Is it a sausage roll type thing?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Well I poured a couple of mugs of raw cacao hot chocolate with almond milk from my flask at halftime, sat back in my seat and felt at peace with the world and the Albion. Pity it was three days earlier and I had to go to the Emirates to do it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought it sounded decent when I saw it on the menu boards when I was at the Amex on Saturday for the AITC Festive Fun Run

Ah, was it you that tripped that lady at the start of the run ?

Actually really nice touch giving the kids a scarf (which I fully intend to wear more than her, until it's mine)

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
With so much girth why would anyone eat anything but the sausage rolls.

Jul 7, 2003
Nope stuck with the chilli sausage roll.

No such thing in the WSU. We get the worst selection of food options in the stadium with three places all selling the same food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here