Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
There’s a few things that would help.

North Stand singing groups moving together.

Get safe standing in the North Stand.

Move away fans into the East Stand north end.

Other stands join in when they hear the songs.

Singing group next to away fans who are allowed to stand.

The Sheffield Wednesday game is the perfect opportunity to try to create a singing section, I’d suggest next to the away end. We could have a whole block dedicated to it. Both North Stand singing groups together along with other like minded fans.

At the moment, 2 or 3 songs go on at the same time and the Police Box group are a lot more quiet compared to what they were. I think the 2 main groups would fill a block of over 500.

Can’t we do this for the Wednesday game, please?!

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Other stands join in when they hear the songs.

This is the key. No matter how loud or coordinated the North gets, if there’s a no man’s land of near-silence between us and the South then it’ll lessen the atmosphere.

I know it’s harder to sing when you’re sitting, but it can be done. Safe standing would be the answer, but I’m not sure how keen the club would be. I get the impression that at all grounds now the boards want consumers not supporters. Ones who’ll buy things at the club shop and concessions stands and fill the seats to create a nice backdrop for the TV cameras.

I can’t see them moving the away fans nearer the North.

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Boyfriend's team (championship) often have a running race (with a ball), around the pitch with kids from both teams at half time which is always fun! It does get the crowd going (well those who are still in their seats).

Exactly the sort of thing I had in mind - great for the little ones too! :smile:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As someone who has been constantly criticised for writing chants/songs which are 'too wordy', I find it truly staggering that the club constantly refuse my request to distribute a song book to every fan so we can all join in together.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
As someone who has been constantly criticised for writing chants/songs which are 'too wordy', I find it truly staggering that the club constantly refuse my request to distribute a song book to every fan so we can all join in together.

Make one, upload the PDF, let fans download it. Sure enough have access to a printer at work to make a few copies to leave on seats for those near them.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Make one, upload the PDF, let fans download it. Sure enough have access to a printer at work to make a few copies to leave on seats for those near them.

Great suggestion.

I'll make sure the Bohemian Rhapsody parody is on slightly smaller text so I can knock it down from the 4 pages it's currently on .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Should put on footage of the fans singing at the away games pre-match to show how it's done.Volume is always impressive and often drowns out the opposition.
Make the North Stand safe standing.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Fanzone is OK for the kids, Reynolds is harmless, I am starting to get a little bored with the Albion video montage but that’s hardly killing the atmosphere!!

Yesterday was fine, bordering on good until Propper’s mistake literally killed it.

But I don't think it is fine that the atmosphere only gets going when we are doing well; the team needs better vocal backing when they are on the ropes. The Police Box crew give it a good go, but stuck out there on the right of the NS their songs don't spread. A singing section in the middle of the NS is obviously needed.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This argument always comes up, i.e. people needing to be half cut before there’s an atmosphere. Are people really that inhibited that they’re too embarrassed to create an atmosphere without being tanked up?

Yes of course. We're British aren't we.

4 or 5 beers in an afternoon and the lifelong repression melts away. That's why attending football became popular in the first place isn't it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As many Friday night or Saturday games as possible. Drinking is vital to a good atmosphere.

We're short of songs. What are there about 10 in total? Needs that to get up to about 20. More ideas

We need to be relegated. We've encouraged a middle aged, middle class fan base full of people who don't really support Brighton. I understand why we've done this. If you encourage lairy young lads, you'll get more issues and less money spent on tat. But it's gone too far. If we go down, the 6 game a season STH's will give up and we can open the floodgates to a younger audience.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Have to say i think you're all overdoing the no atmosphere thing. Being in Bermuda/Miami I have to watch most games on TV but our atmosphere, often commented on by the commentary team, is better than most. What I would hate is something artificial during the game. Like a drum, band and all that crap. No thanks. The OP says it creates a great atmosphere at England games?? Madness. Our atmosphere is a good, organic one, we don't need drummer boys, loud hailers, goal music or any of that crap seen up the road. Its purely artificial and may be why they have one of the worst home records in all of football over the past few years.

I do get to the occasional games and what I would like to see is a change up to the pre match and half time routines. Why not do something slightly different each time. Ring of Fire for example, enough of that, especially the tinny version of it we play. And maybe show different Albion highlight videos before hand, maybe even related to the game we are playing etc.. There so much more that could be done at these times. Leave the game time alone.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
As many Friday night or Saturday games as possible. Drinking is vital to a good atmosphere.

We're short of songs. What are there about 10 in total? Needs that to get up to about 20. More ideas

We need to be relegated. We've encouraged a middle aged, middle class fan base full of people who don't really support Brighton. I understand why we've done this. If you encourage lairy young lads, you'll get more issues and less money spent on tat. But it's gone too far. If we go down, the 6 game a season STH's will give up and we can open the floodgates to a younger audience.

We’ve priced out young working class fans, which are the ones likely to make the most noise. You’ll see that a lot of other clubs have far more than we do. During our time at The Amex, I thought we would have a much larger youth element, but it just hasn’t happened.

The atmosphere also isn’t helped by the ‘Invasion of the Body Snatchers’ reaction to fans who want to sing in certain parts of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here