Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Why would moving a quiet section of fans from their preferred seats to less good seats behind the goal improve the atmosphere?

If you mean the family section, I would move it to the east stand south end. Identical standard of seats in an area we don't currently sell many ST's. Keeps them away from all that horrid singing too.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Clackers, a BIG drum, and goal music.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Move the away fans closer to the North, or, move people that want to sing towards the South. Find a way to get people that want to sing closer together. I know it's been derided, but try an F'ing drum, at least a couple of times, to keep singing to a sensible rhythm. It never did the Europeans any harm!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Score goals

Actually win some home games

Not make it so bloody hard to get to games so you have some energy to give to the game. However see above.

After 30 odd years I have given up my season ticket. Impossible to get to games with parking season tickets now not sold for parking and day to day ticket purchasers prioritised for parking tickets married to trains constantly not running and stupid kick off times. When its so hard to get to games you at least want a little entertainment by scoring a few goals and winning the odd game

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Having been at wolves yesterday, The buildup five minutes before kickoff really did lift the atmosphere, maybe a few pyrotechnics at the start might get The AMEX a bit louder, also our sound system just seems really quiet compared to most of the grounds been to this season

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Having been at wolves yesterday, The buildup five minutes before kickoff really did lift the atmosphere, maybe a few pyrotechnics at the start might get The AMEX a bit louder, also our sound system just seems really quiet compared to most of the grounds been to this season

I’m not so sure that the elevated noise is only pumped at the away fans to discourage them from making more noise than the home fans. Anyone know if Brighton do the same in our away end, or are Brighton just too ‘nice’ to oppo fans?

Edit, and no to pyrotechnics, tinpot.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would love to see the resurrection of the theme days from early Amex. Vicars and tarts would be a good start and then climate change and #metoo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Of the away grounds I've been too this season, not one has ended the buildup 5 minutes before kick off with the atmosphere destroying advert of The Premier League.

I have no idea why we do it, but feck me we're absolute throbbers for continuing to do so.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The majority of our songs are too short and sung at lightning speed, they are often over before they've even started.
We need an overhaul of the song list and the tempo of which they sung are at.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The majority of our songs are too short and sung at lightning speed, they are often over before they've even started.
We need an overhaul of the song list and the tempo of which they sung are at.
I will put it to PB, songsheets distributed by the club pre-match would be a lovely touch.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Non of above alone will work. Its about attitude and value. We already have a singing section the NW corner of North stand. Dunno if crispies is still around as he got the Withdean singing section going but as soon as we go behind, off the boil, struggle etc. attitudes are the team lift us and the value to roaring the team on evaporates. Unallocated seats would be utter chaos and not sure PL allows I may be wrong there, but it would be a disaster and more hassle than the club will take on board.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Sweet Caroline versus Watford went down well just need to time it well and not cut it short...read the crowd Mr PA man!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here