Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No tree

Votes: 10 12.0%

• Total voters

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Try them out before you put them on the tree ....rather than put them straight on the tree and then realise they don’t work ..as happened yesterday :facepalm:

Sorry slightly ott

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Top tip......
112b9674124dea23fd2665b1aa2c3491.jpg :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We have white (LED) lights that blink / flash. They look lovely.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
We have both white blinking, flashing and static coloured ones. Can never have too much decoration! :D

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
In my case, spend 2 hours trying to work out how to connect the various leads on the pre-lit tree only to find that half of a string aren't working. It was like those games were pressing a button turns some lights on and some off. No instructions, no markings on connectors and an intriguing 3 connectors for the bottom, 6 in the middle and 1 on top. First hour was trying to find the very dark green connectors hiding in the very dark green tree. The next hour spent trial and error connecting and disconnecting trying to maximise the number of lights that would turn on. All with impatient noise from the gallery whilst I was doing it.

If she decides to keep it, I will have to come up with some means of labelling what goes where but too dark to write on and too slippery to hold a sticker for long. Which I should have done several years ago before putting it away having gone through the same agony then. Why we have to have 3 and rotate them on an ad-hoc basis is a question only females can answer.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Internal of Jakarta Towers, two lots on the Main Tree, gold and white with another set on the Little tree in the Hall, also white. Oh, forgot we also have a tiny fake tree in the Kitchen Windowsill with multicoloured lights.

External Blue Icicles along the front of the House, with white lights threaded along our hedge as far as and over the Arch above the front Gate.

Internals and Externals all set to wink on and off on slow mode.

I LOVE Christmas Lights... :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
In my case, spend 2 hours trying to work out how to connect the various leads on the pre-lit tree only to find that half of a string aren't working. It was like those games were pressing a button turns some lights on and some off. No instructions, no markings on connectors and an intriguing 3 connectors for the bottom, 6 in the middle and 1 on top. First hour was trying to find the very dark green connectors hiding in the very dark green tree. The next hour spent trial and error connecting and disconnecting trying to maximise the number of lights that would turn on. All with impatient noise from the gallery whilst I was doing it.

If she decides to keep it, I will have to come up with some means of labelling what goes where but too dark to write on and too slippery to hold a sticker for long. Which I should have done several years ago before putting it away having gone through the same agony then. Why we have to have 3 and rotate them on an ad-hoc basis is a question only females can answer.

I always thought pre-lit trees were a recipe for disaster, you have confirmed my suspicions, thank you.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We (my wife) have gone for warm white lights on our traditional tree in the lounge, creating a relaxing golden ambience, but a rather daring white tree, blue light combination in our more contemporary conservatory. All lights static unless my youngest has been ******* about with them.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a MASSIVE decision at this time of year - what do yo do?
Buy a new set every year from Amazon, good for business, but, bad for the islanders in the Seychelles who are knee deep in seawater thanks to global warming.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here