Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Traore

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He was outstanding but at least we restricted his shooting chances. Couldnt understand our tactics for dealing with him. It was just as if plan was to leave him free out wide and stop him from there which we usually didnt. Bet he couldnt believe how much space he was given. Tough for Burn dealing with any one on one let alone as good as Traore and many times he had to deal with 2 on 1

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He was heavily marked, Burn got loads of support from Mooy etc, but you can’t leave several players on him all the time, it would create space elsewhere and stop our progressive play. Traore created zero Wolves goals.

Jota on the other wing, by contrast, had the freedom of the Amex to destroy Alzate and Webster. Which cost us dearly and could easily have led to more Wolves goals.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He was heavily marked, Burn got loads of support from Mooy etc, but you can’t leave several players on him all the time, it would create space elsewhere and stop our progressive play. Traore created zero Wolves goals.

Jota on the other wing, by contrast, had the freedom of the Amex to destroy Alzate and Webster. Which cost us dearly and could easily have led to more Wolves goals.

Agree with this 100%, guess that's the problem with focussing on one player. Bit like marking Messi out of the game when you play Barcelona, forgetting there are several other world beaters on the pitch (not saying Wolves players are world beaters, but you get my drift)...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There is a toss up between how much we change our game to stop the oppo and how much that change alters the way we play.

Saying that, I did think Traore was quality and a few times he came away with the ball after 3 of our were around him so I'm not sure what GPott could have done more when faced with Usain Bolt/Mahrez combo.

As an aside, did you see the size of his thighs. Can't say I look at blokes thighs generally, but his looked like a whole side of beef. :ohmy:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought Burn stuck to his task of making life as difficult for Traore as he could, including a few hacks at his ankles in the last 20 minutes

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I liked Jota when he played for Brentford, and hoped we could get him for Brighton. I was relieved, yesterday, when he was subbed, as I thought he might get a hat trick.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was unplayable yesterday. At one stage he brushed aside 3 or 4 players and then left them for dead with pace. Impossible to shake off the ball most of the time. Most impressive opposition player I’ve seen at the Amex for a long long time.

No shame in us not being able to stop him and not sure how any plan would have worked with the way he was playing. Strong, quick, and fast feet.

There were ripples of applause in the WSL when he was subbed.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I liked Jota when he played for Brentford, and hoped we could get him for Brighton. I was relieved, yesterday, when he was subbed, as I thought he might get a hat trick.

Different Jota. The one that played for Brentford went to Birmingham under Harry Redknapp and is still there I think.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought Burn stuck to his task of making life as difficult for Traore as he could, including a few hacks at his ankles in the last 20 minutes

Burn defended manfully against him, there were a couple of breakways late on as we were pushing for the winner that he had to scythe him down and was probably a shae lucky the first of which he wasn't booked for.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Burn defended manfully against him, there were a couple of breakways late on as we were pushing for the winner that he had to scythe him down and was probably a shae lucky the first of which he wasn't booked for.

Dunk took him out after Burn had tried and missed and took the yellow card

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dunk took him out after Burn had tried and missed and took the yellow card

Dunk seemed pretty adamant that he'd won the ball for that one.

It was probably for the best that the ref didn't book Burn however, as he picked up a booking (that would have been his second) not too long after.

Traore's pace was exceptional, but it always has been. In common with a lot of speed merchants though, he rarely has any end product of note after the running fast bit which, frankly, is why he's playing for Wolves.

That said, he is still only 23, so if he can be coached into producing a bit more, he'd be a truly frightening prospect.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Traore reminds me a bit of watching Jonah Lomu. You know what he's going to do, but he's so freakishly strong and quick you just can't stop him. He's an absolute beast.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

It wasn't helped that in the first half Alzate forgot he was a right back and nearly forgot where his own half was. Improved in the 2nd but his positioning in the 1st was woeful.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
From wolves forum.
Number of appearances made by Adama Traore this season: 25

Number of players booked for fouling Adama Traore this season: 21

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I always feel that his pace creates more havoc than his talent does. Runs hard at people and panics people into yellow cards, but doesn't really have much of an end product. His crossing is really poor and the times he got into the box, his ball was almost always cut out. That said, he's young and gets into those positions so frequently that chances will come, even if goals don't.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

There were occasions in the second half when Burn had Traore and Doherty to mark

scooter1

How soon is now?
It wasn't helped that in the first half Alzate forgot he was a right back and nearly forgot where his own half was. Improved in the 2nd but his positioning in the 1st was woeful.
I’m a bit bemused by Potter playing Alzate at right back. I get that he’s an adaptable player, but he seemed to forget yesterday and against Arsenal that he was playing right back at times. I would have thought that Montoya would have been better placed to deal with Jota, and potentially hold his position.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
He was unplayable yesterday. At one stage he brushed aside 3 or 4 players and then left them for dead with pace. Impossible to shake off the ball most of the time. Most impressive opposition player I’ve seen at the Amex for a long long time.

No shame in us not being able to stop him and not sure how any plan would have worked with the way he was playing. Strong, quick, and fast feet.

There were ripples of applause in the WSL when he was subbed.

Fair comment but he didn’t really do much to really hurt us
He wasn’t involved in either of wolves goals and didn’t create anything for them
Very strong and quick I agree but not much else at least not yesterday
Well done lads in the job you did against him

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Traore's pace was exceptional, but it always has been. In common with a lot of speed merchants though, he rarely has any end product of note after the running fast bit which, frankly, is why he's playing for Wolves.

This.

Can’t remember him threatening our goal with any significant shots or assists (his job) but still labelled the best performance from an opposition player this season!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here