Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Anyone just seen Elizabeth’s missing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What a incredible piece of work by Glenda Jackson.

If you didn’t see it , it’s about a lady who is suffering from advanced dementia.

Watching it, it must have been very close to what my mother went through when my grandma went downhill very quickly.

Very powerful and moving

British tv at its very best!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
One word, "Powerful".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Glenda Jackson proving that she really is a hugely talented actress.
A marvellous piece of television, all too rare these days.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Glenda Jackson proving that she really is a hugely talented actress.
A marvellous piece of television, all too rare these days.

I heaven't watched the programme in question but thought your comment was a little strange. Hasn't TV of recent years/decades been a bit of a golden age?

edit: very off topic, apologies

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What a incredible piece of work by Glenda Jackson.

If you didn’t see it , it’s about a lady who is suffering from advanced dementia.

Watching it, it must have been very close to what my mother went through when my grandma went downhill very quickly.

Very powerful and moving

British tv at its very best!

Absolutely, it was riveting viewing. Where has Glenda Jackson been hiding all these years? She has been sadly missed on tv that's for sure.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely, it was riveting viewing. Where has Glenda Jackson been hiding all these years? She has been sadly missed on tv that's for sure.

She was a labour MP for quite some time....before that she was an oscar winning actress.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Two nicknames at school in 1972; knocky and Glenda. I’m happy with that. Great performance and great career.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I know it's a cliche but that was BBC drama at its best. An absolutely stunning performance and beautifully shot

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watched it, exceptionally good.

Glendale Jackson was quite brilliant

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I heaven't watched the programme in question but thought your comment was a little strange. Hasn't TV of recent years/decades been a bit of a golden age?

edit: very off topic, apologies

Sorry I missed your post when you first posted it.
It does seem most of the really exceptional tv is coming out of America at the moment. British tv seems to suffer from a surfeit of z list celebrities doing various things to boost their popularity, unbelievable soap operas, and shopping/ cooking self improvement type programmes( I don’t know the name, Gregg Wallace teaching people to buy fresh veg, and Alex Jones and Primark clothes or something like that)
There is a few exceptions. Killing Eve, Fleabag ect, but, generally drowning in a sea of cheap to produce excrement.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
She'll be in the last place you left her and the last place you look.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry I missed your post when you first posted it.
It does seem most of the really exceptional tv is coming out of America at the moment. British tv seems to suffer from a surfeit of z list celebrities doing various things to boost their popularity, unbelievable soap operas, and shopping/ cooking self improvement type programmes( I don’t know the name, Gregg Wallace teaching people to buy fresh veg, and Alex Jones and Primark clothes or something like that)
There is a few exceptions. Killing Eve, Fleabag ect, but, generally drowning in a sea of cheap to produce excrement.

Yeah, that is a fair comment. Most of the TV I've enjoyed, and I don't watch that much, has been American in recent years.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Is this a one off or a series? Happy to invest in something standalone.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm not claiming there's an answer but I do worry about the effect of documentaries and (wonderful) dramas on the poor souls in the early stages of dementia - I've seen the reaction of one person close to us after they stumbled across such programmes. It must be awful to see how your life may well go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here