Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere today

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Atmosphere today

Did everyone have their Xmas party last night and were suffering from a hangover ?

Shockingly bad

Decent game but we only piped up when we scored

Wolves fans commented, rightly so, on it being a library

Need to do better

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everything felt a bit flat today, I agree (until we scored).

The game didn't sell out, there were a LOT of empty seats and those that were there went through the motions a bit.

It was bloody loud after the goals - a real illustration of what the Amex crowd is capable of - but we seem to need to take a lead from the team right now, rather than leading the way ourselves.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Atmosphere today

Did everyone have their Xmas party last night and were suffering from a hangover ?

Shockingly bad

Need to do better

Well the library part you've got correct, we have Neal Maipay to blame for that, seeing he reads a lot of books at the Amex.
He currently is overdue on returning Locadia book on mixing???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many more times do we have to go at this until posters finally realise that today is our 'atmosphere'.

Or do we have to add too close to Christmas to the list including:-

- it was to early
- it was to late
- it was to hot
- it was to cold
- School holidays
- Poor opposition
-

D

Deleted member 2719

Atmosphere today

Shockingly bad

Need to do better

I agree it was quiet until the quick double strike.

I did do a lot of shouting but, it doesn't do much good when you're watching it on Sky.

Bad fan.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nah. Atmospheres been complete pony for ages now. Can't put my finger on whats happened but it seems to be getting worse and worse to me, as well as more and more empty seats in the east lower

We’ve complained about the atmosphere for years it’s nothing new, and by east lower is this the area usually frequented by day trippers, freebies, and corporate parties etc....

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

The game didn't sell out, there were a LOT of empty seats and those that were there went through the motions a bit.

It was bloody loud after the goals - a real illustration of what the Amex crowd is capable of - but we seem to need to take a lead from the team right now, rather than leading the way ourselves.

For me it's a real shame it's got so shit. It should be rocking with the way we're playing this season. So many people just don't seem arsed in trying to get an atmosphere going, North included. Unless it's shouting 'youre shit, ahhh' at the opposing keeper. Suddenly everyone pipes up then :shrug:

It seemed pretty full to me apart from the east lower again - why do so many people not bother turning up there all of a sudden? Never used to happen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For me it's a real shame it's got so shit. It should be rocking with the way we're playing this season. So many people just don't seem arsed in trying to get an atmosphere going, North included. Unless it's shouting 'youre shit, ahhh' at the opposing keeper. Suddenly everyone pipes up then :shrug:

It seemed pretty full to me apart from the east lower again - why do so many people not bother turning up there all of a sudden? Never used to happen.

Plenty of gaps in wsl

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Atmosphere today

Shockingly bad

Need to do better

They weren’t that loud themselves apart from they chanted “*uck off Albion” ..well least that’s what it sounded like....few evictions from there end..no idea what that was about

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Found the whole coordinated rainbow thing today irritating. It's a good and right cause, but an absolute atmosphere killer. I joined in, not to offend anyone, but begrudge being in a footballing flashmob.

I also think the pre-match routine needs a complete freshen up. I like the goals compilation, but would happily never hear Hey Jude, ever again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
As has been mentioned before, it’s possibly people (with cash to burn) who buy up season tickets just to see the top six sides but don’t bother with these sort of games.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm West Lower and there were gaps around me. Two goons in the seats next to me only turn up for the 'top six' games or if the weather is nice. All other matches, their seats are empty...

Atmosphere today was brilliant after we went 2-1 up. Before that it was poop. Second half it went a bit quiet apart from the odd 'Albion' and 'Seagulls'.

I moved from the East Lower last season (who used to sing a fair bit), and I have to say that the West Lower is about as vocal as a classic 'Marcel Marceu' performance...... :down:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Apart from the first ten minutes of the first half and the period when we scored our playing style was very pedestrian with nothing to really get the fans going. It's a two way thing. The players have to up their game to get the crowd going. For large parts of today's game they failed to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here