Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper - is he the weak link?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
This is just an observation from the last two games, both of which have been viewed on tv so can only see what’s shown on screen.

Propper seems to give the ball away a hell of a lot, numerous times against Arsenal which was picked up by the commentators on Amazon and again today, not only for the second goal but also a fair few other times also. I know when Propper is good, he is really good but does anyone else think that he’s the weak link of the team, especially in midfield? Personally I’d like to see a midfield “central” three of Gross, Stephens and Mooy.

Is it time for a Propper upgrade? Or am I just being stupid? All about opinions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A great point tonight from a team with so many weak links. :rolleyes:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
He’s been outstanding recently, with the exception of stupid passes against Leicester and today, both of which were unfortunately punished with goals.

Although the passes themselves were very poor, I think it’s a by-product of the way Potter is asking the team to play in deeper areas. Stephens (who I thought was excellent today) Webster and even Dunk have been guilty of it in the last couple of games. Unfortunately for Propper his two have led to goals.

He’s probably our most gifted footballer in my opinion, along with Trossard. He’s one of the last players I would be looking to upgrade.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No not at all, he’s quality.

Strange you’ve got Gross in your midfield 3 who has been attrocious in the last three games and has been massively out performed by Propper all season.

Totally agree! Mr P is one of the best players we have.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not always his biggest fan, but he was not our weak link. I’m proud of the team’s performance in coming back from a goal down against a team brimming with classy internationals.

Well, I like him more than you, but he will be disappointed with his performance today. Gave the ball away too much. He's been very good of late though. You'll be more pleased to know that I had Stephens as PotS after about 8/10 games, but Ryan has comfortably overtaken him since. Gross had a poor one today. Mooy deservedly got MotM today (ditto Thursday), but he was run close by Maupay.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dunno what has happened to Gross. He has been utter dogshit for a while now, I'm struggling to remember the last time he affected a game.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I thought Mooy gave the ball away more than He did at Arsenal. However in order to break the press and get at teams you have to take risks with certain balls and Id put them both in the unlock category

I thought the whole team apart from a rested Trossard looked tired today.

Bit annoyed as the mistake for the second goal cost me £100 but we were playing a decent team who were organised and equally hungry.

So be it, onwards to Palace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is just an observation from the last two games, both of which have been viewed on tv so can only see what’s shown on screen.

Propper seems to give the ball away a hell of a lot, numerous times against Arsenal which was picked up by the commentators on Amazon and again today, not only for the second goal but also a fair few other times also. I know when Propper is good, he is really good but does anyone else think that he’s the weak link of the team, especially in midfield? Personally I’d like to see a midfield “central” three of Gross, Stephens and Mooy.

Is it time for a Propper upgrade? Or am I just being stupid? All about opinions.

The pass for the second goal was made because Webster signaled it was safe. It’s a team game and it was a poor call.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Yes he's Propper crap, what gives, he goes and scores a goal, what's wrong with him, can't have that can we???

Never said he was crap did I :rolleyes:

Was outstanding v Arsenal and Liverpool - lost his way today

Gave the ball away numerous times against Arsenal, was mentioned on Amazon by Clive Tyldsley commentating. Didn’t get good ratings by the press either from what I saw in the papers.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012

In the position that Propper and Stephens there will always be a times when their mistakes cost us goals. I’m more concerned by the pass played by Webster to Propper today.

I think Propper is the most technically gifted player we have and will only get better, especially with the addition of a few goals.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
No not at all, he’s quality.

Strange you’ve got Gross in your midfield 3 who has been attrocious in the last three games and has been massively out performed by Propper all season.

Hypothetical if everyone is fit but I’d have a midfield three of Gross, Stephens and Mooy, with Trossard and Izquierdo on the wings and Maupay through the middle.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
There were a few players guilty of gifting possession today. It's unfair to single out Propper.

It’s not unfair, he’s the current scape goat and “weak link”... couple of games ago people were saying Maupay wasn’t up to it.

All the while the manager thinks he’s good enough, which he clearly does, then I think people should get off his case. Hound him out and the knockers will move on to someone else, maybe Maupay will have stopped scoring, maybe Ryan will have shrunk a bit more in height, maybe Gross will become slower, who knows, only those that love to dig out our own team...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here