Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped?

Was Wolves a point gained or two dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 234 83.3%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 47 16.7%

• Total voters

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I though as an overall unit, Wolves were the best side I have seen at the Amex this season. Leicester are more clinical but Wolves defended much better as a unit in my opinion. I do wonder if they are a little bit too reserved in their approach as the number of draws suggests. It did looks as if their striker was told to slow down as he jogged off as he just stopped and then walked off. They seem a well organised defence with blistering pace and clinical strikers. Definitely would have taken a point before and after the game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A bloody good enjoyable game of football, that’s what a 2-2 result usually means. And this was what it was. No need to ponder further really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know it’s a game of opinions, but the variety of how some people view a single 90 min game of football so differently is mental. (1 point gained, obviously..)

Nobby Horton's Knob

Aug 4, 2019
Portsmuff
If we had drawn 2-2 at the Emirates and beaten Wolves 2-1 at home, would this question on have been asked? 4 points from both matches, for me, is a great return. Regardless of how the games actually panned out. Points gained for me

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not over till we see how this season ends and we see how GraPott's reign ends.

Are the Albion better points wise then at the same point last season under Hughton?

3 points from our next 3 games will see us match last season's halfway points haul.

It's not really a competition between Hughton and Potter though. Hughton did brilliantly to get us to 21 and 22 points at the halfway stage in both Premier League seasons, He kept us out of the bottom 3 even despite our 2019 collapse.

But what Potter is doing is so much more than just a points comparison. Connolly and Alzate have been immediately bought through and look like £30m+ worth of signings from a youth set up we didn't think was producing Premier League ready talent. We are having 20 attempts on goal. In a single game. Away from home. At a big club. AND winning! The transformation is stark, obvious, exciting, and is far greater than the current sum of points.

I loved Chris and I love Graham. I really don't see it as a competition between them. Potter has said many times that the foundations have been laid at this club by a fantastic manager. He hasn't come into a club in disarray, or in crisis. He's been able to progress through what Chris had established. We move on excited under Graham, grateful for what Chris achieved.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
3 points from our next 3 games will see us match last season's halfway points haul.

It's not really a competition between Hughton and Potter though. Hughton did brilliantly to get us to 21 and 22 points at the halfway stage in both Premier League seasons, He kept us out of the bottom 3 even despite our 2019 collapse.

But what Potter is doing is so much more than just a points comparison. Connolly and Alzate have been immediately bought through and look like £30m+ worth of signings from a youth set up we didn't think was producing Premier League ready talent. We are having 20 attempts on goal. In a single game. Away from home. At a big club. AND winning! The transformation is stark, obvious, exciting, and is far greater than the current sum of points.

I loved Chris and I love Graham. I really don't see it as a competition between them. Potter has said many times that the foundations have been laid at this club by a fantastic manager. He hasn't come into a club in disarray, or in crisis. He's been able to progress through what Chris had established. We move on excited under Graham, grateful for what Chris achieved.

I see Chris and Graham being the managerial equivalent of Dick and Tony. Wouldn't be where we are without both of them :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we had drawn 2-2 at the Emirates and beaten Wolves 2-1 at home, would this question on have been asked? 4 points from both matches, for me, is a great return. Regardless of how the games actually panned out. Points gained for me

I said exactly the same thing after the match on Sunday.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Yet CH is out of employment for the moment. GP gets to reap all the rewards on something CH built. Do you think CH appreciates the fact that what he thought he could have built himself, obviously because he didn't expect to be sacked, was pulled out from under him? Do you think Wenger could have been in the same position at many times in his dynasty? Poor at moments but eventually creating a dynasty?

This club will live to regret the sacking of Chris Hughton in the far future. His next club might not be the one but there will be one that will have patience with him and he will build a top six club if he doesn't inherit one.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It's not over till we see how this season ends and we see how GraPott's reign ends.

Are the Albion better points wise then at the same point last season under Hughton?

But its not relevant is it? He has still left.,and i doubt he will be back. It's just a bit pointless, but of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

We were doing ok at this point last season. It's the new year that it nearly went tits up.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
But its not relevant is it? He has still left.,and i doubt he will be back. It's just a bit pointless, but of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

Thank you. I appreciate your opinion that my opinion is appreciated and that it is only one opinion, nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here