Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Webster experiment ends jan 1st !!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I agree, I don’t care how good you are on the ball his primary role is as a defender and he simply isn’t a very good one. Especially difficult to take when Duffy is on the bench.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m staggered so many football fans don’t understand that you can’t compare Duffy from last season to Webster of this season, totally different systems this year our defenders are given much less protection and are left far more exposed. Webster is better than Duffy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
FFS he was a hero on Thursday night, now he's enemy number one, okay he didn't have the greatest of games, but we didn't lose, so let's rejoice in the well earnt point we got today. :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m staggered so many football fans don’t understand that you can’t compare Duffy from last season to Webster of this season, totally different systems this year our defenders are given much less protection and are left far more exposed. Webster is better than Duffy.

Webster is this season's scapegoat. Granted, he's no Lewis Dunk but he is an adequate lower half Prem defender (as opposed to Duffy who is a mid table Prem defender), but Webster is class with the ball at his feet and makes it possible to play out from the back. I think you need two ball playing, confident on the ball coming forward centre-halves to enable the level of possession we enjoy - only one is ten times easier for the opposition to counteract. That's surely why he gets in ahead of Duffy.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Sorry your wrong the experiment won’t be ending. He has a role and he is a ball player from the back as well as a defender. He will improve the more he plays against players at this level. When teams press us he will make more mistakes that is natural. Potter accepts mistakes he wants the players to be brave. Webster is an important cog in how we play.
We are not recalling white. White will be a regular next season for us most likely alongside Webster and dunk.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Webster is this season's scapegoat. Granted, he's no Lewis Dunk but he is an adequate lower half Prem defender (as opposed to Duffy who is a mid table Prem defender), but Webster is class with the ball at his feet and makes it possible to play out from the back. I think you need two ball playing, confident on the ball coming forward centre-halves to enable the level of possession we enjoy - only one is ten times easier for the opposition to counteract. That's surely why he gets in ahead of Duffy.

He isn’t class on the ball!! He’s better than duffy but no where near class .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Webster won’t have half the career that white will have . Bring him back !!

You are correct White is absolutely excelling at premier league level right now... oh wait he’s in the championship. This league is absolutely brutal on defenders, White probably will go on to be a good player but to say he should come straight in ahead of Duffy and Webster when he has no experience in this league is absolutely laughable.

Webster is playing his first season in a very tough league, get a grip.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Webster won’t have half the career that white will have . Bring him back !!

No one knows if White will even be as good as Webster at this level. He may turn out to be completely shitehouse (I don't think he will) we are all just guessing to a degree.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Sorry your wrong the experiment won’t be ending. He has a role and he is a ball player from the back as well as a defender. He will improve the more he plays against players at this level. When teams press us he will make more mistakes that is natural. Potter accepts mistakes he wants the players to be brave. Webster is an important cog in how we play.
We are not recalling white. White will be a regular next season for us most likely alongside Webster and dunk.

So Duffy & Webster next month?

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
In our system Webster>Duffy.

That’s it.

You are correct White is absolutely excelling at premier league level right now... oh wait he’s in the championship. This league is absolutely brutal on defenders, White probably will go on to be a good player but to say he should come straight in ahead of Duffy and Webster when he has no experience in this league is absolutely laughable.

Webster is playing his first season in a very tough league, get a grip.

Do people realise what we have with white ??? He’s in the england squad this time next year .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No. Webster is good, he’s carrying out his manager’s orders, Potter won’t have an issue with him at all.

We’re going for extra risk for greater reward under Potter and it’s working. It’s still early days and we’re a much better side already for me. As the players get more used to this way of playing in time, we will only get better.

Webster has also been a premier league player for 4 months so is still learning but he’s already proven he’s good enough and will again only get better with more experience.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Do people realise what we have with white ??? He’s in the england squad this time next year .

Based on what? You are off your head mate, you can’t compare being good in the championship to this league, he’s showing promising signs we can all say that but what you are saying is based on absolutely no evidence.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
No. Webster is good, he’s carrying out his manager’s orders, Potter won’t have an issue with him at all.

We’re going for extra risk for greater reward under Potter and it’s working. It’s still early days and we’re a much better side already for me. As the players get more used to this way of playing in time, we will only get better.

But he losses players , tracked players so far up the pitch in the second half left massive holes at the back .

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The bigger issue is, we need a Left and Right back who are quick and nimble enough not to leave two electricity pylons exposed . . . . Webster/white/burn/Dunk, it doesn't matter which one . . . . They only usually get in the Shyte because of **** ups elsewhere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here