Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Webster experiment ends jan 1st !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t believe he actually had a shaky start to his Premier League career, he was playing well and looked quite comfortable, he did however have a noticeable drop in from around December. Thankfully lockdown served him well and he came back a similar player to the early season Webster we’d seen.

I thought he was, understandably, off the pace in quite a few games early season :shrug:

The step up from the Championship, as I expect Leeds and even Ben White to find out whomever he ends up playing for, which is why I think he’ll be much better off at the Albion. Players should ideally be eased in rather than chucked in.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don't think Webster's bed but I didn't see much improvement after the restart. He had one very good game but was much the same as before decent if too confident on the ball for his ability, still prone to more mistakes than Duffy

duffy did drop quite a few bollox, remember huddersfield?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I love how people just assume players should come in and automatically be great. Nobody knows what does on behind closed doors. Maybe the wife wasn’t a fan of the move. Who knows
The step up is massive and fair play to him for adjusting towards the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I love how people just assume players should come in and automatically be great. Nobody knows what does on behind closed doors. Maybe the wife wasn’t a fan of the move. Who knows
The step up is massive and fair play to him for adjusting towards the end.

All of this, particularly the last sentence.

However, the trouble is at this level there is very little time in terms of adjustment, and at times he could have been spared by being left out.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Under CH our midfield was drilled to work certain positions and subsequently the sort of balls into our box were often in the air and suited Dunk & Duffy with their heading ability. What has suprised me by Potter is his persistence with a passing game even against the top sides when playing 2 deep lying defensive lines would be better suited to Dunk & Duffy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Getting his pre season started early on the track at Worthing Leisure Centre this afternoon by the look of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here