Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rainbow Amex

Jan 30, 2008
Please explain why it made us look a laughing stock. Its 2019 and there are no - not one - out gay or bi player in professional football. Rainbow week aims to raise awareness about that.

Only homophobic t0ssers would feel 'preached at' by the display today, imo.

Mmmmmmmmmmm says a preacher
Regards
DF

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
thought it was embarrassing and makes us a bit of a laughing stock if I’m honest

If you went to away games you would realise every club is doing this, when we went to Anfield they had a massive banner that went across one stand and flags as well. Also at the Emirates they had massive flags, we would be a laughing stock if we didnt.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
If you went to away games you would realise every club is doing this, when we went to Anfield they had a massive banner that went across one stand and flags as well. Also at the Emirates they had massive flags, we would be a laughing stock if we didnt.

I"m sure there's mixed responses from their fans on the subject though?
Regards
DF

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
thought it was embarrassing and makes us a bit of a laughing stock if I’m honest

I don't give a flying one for the opinions of anybody who thinks that taking a stand and setting an example on inclusivity is 'embarrassing'. If our support is representative of our wider community, there could have been 4,000+ LGBTQ people in today's crowd. One of the people I love most in the world would have been one of them, but couldn't make it today, so I took the photos. To me it says 'Look, our club, doesn't care about the perceived small minded opinions of 'football', it cares about you.' This is about actual people. The club is on the right side of history. Well done to all involved.

Jan 30, 2008
I don't give a flying one for the opinions of anybody who thinks that taking a stand and setting an example on inclusivity is 'embarrassing'. If our support is representative of our wider community, there could have been 4,000+ LGBTQ people in today's crowd. One of the people I love most in the world would have been one of them, but couldn't make it today, so I took the photos. To me it says 'Look, our club, doesn't care about the perceived small minded opinions of 'football', it cares about you.' This is about actual people. The club is on the right side of history. Well done to all involved.

Nothing to do with football then stato
Regards
DF

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This. It was all a bit, meh for me. It is a worthy cause but not sure the forced participation is the way to go

Maybe we should have a different "good cause" at each game? "Stop smoking" cards to wave maybe for the next game, "support food banks" for the one after that, then a "be nice to travellers" theme (the ones with caravans that we used to be allowed to call pikeys) … that would be fun because we'd be instructed to leave the cards strewn all over the pitch at the end of the game … , the possibilities are endless ...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Looked quality on the TV

Whilst a different topic yesterdays incident in Manchester show why the rainbow laces/kick out days are still important to show the mass majority of football going fans are supportive.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

But we went to watch a FOOTBALL MATCH. We don't want a visual sermon pre kick-off.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought it looked pretty good at the match today.

However, getting back and seeing how it upset and embarrassed the various Homophobes, Racists, Snowflakes, Gammons and general assorted morons on here, I have now decided it was positively MAGNIFICENT :clap::clap::clap:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
People who say 'Keep politics out of sport' generally mean 'Keep politics, that I don't agree with, out of sport'.

A bit like those people moaning about the Brexit Party leafleting at Falmer station last match-day keeping oddly quiet today when it was Labour and Extinction Rebellion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here