Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Australian,bush fires.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That literally has nothing to do with the fires

Unsurprisingly, you’re wrong. Record drought due to rising temperatures (man made climate change) has caused vegetation to dry out at a far greater rate creating far more combustible vegetation. Eucalypt trees are shedding leaves to try and decrease their water loss adding to the fuel on the ground in huge quantities.
The export of wine and fruits is moving water out of the country, away from it’s natural cycle, never to return.

I’m afraid the early arrival, intensity and size of this years bush fires have everything to do with climate change
:-(

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Unsurprisingly, you’re wrong. Record drought due to rising temperatures (man made climate change) has caused vegetation to dry out at a far greater rate creating far more combustible vegetation. Eucalypt trees are shedding leaves to try and decrease their water loss adding to the fuel on the ground in huge quantities.
The export of wine and fruits is literally moving water out of the country, away from it’s natural cycle, never to return.

I’m afraid the early arrival, intensity and size of this years bush fires have everything to do with climate change
:-(

I love it when some someone half the world away tells me about things I've actually experienced like they are the expert on it.

I remember Ash Wednesday you see back in 1983, came very close to my town. We watched atop a lookout at the horizon that was glowing from the fires.

It was actually far more devastating than these current fires. More loss of life, property, livestock etc

Droughts will always happen, as will fires and people will deliberately start them.

That's not saying climate change doesn't occur. But scaremongering people with over the top bullshit to explain naturally occurring things is the bastion of fools.

It's natural changes in climate conditions that play the major role in our droughts and fires. "climate change" in the way you use it plays a far smaller role.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Anyone who doesn't understand that these fires are partly as a result of climate change is either an idiot or more dangerously wilfully pedalling lies about our impact on the planet.

These fires are caused by a combo of poor water management (water being diverted for agri-business) and drought, which IS exacerbated by climate change.

The sooner we ALL get past the vested interests and lobby groups that push the interests of fossil fuels, and get on with solving the problem the better, as we may already have run out of time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love it when some someone half the world away tells me about things I've actually experienced like they are the expert on it.

I remember Ash Wednesday you see back in 1983, came very close to my town. We watched atop a lookout at the horizon that was glowing from the fires.

It was actually far more devastating than these current fires. More loss of life, property, livestock etc

Droughts will always happen, as will fires and people will deliberately start them.

That's not saying climate change doesn't occur. But scaremongering people with over the top bullshit to explain naturally occurring things is the bastion of fools.

It's natural changes in climate conditions that play the major role in our droughts and fires. "climate change" in the way you use it plays a far smaller role.

Your reaction comes as no surprise.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just as you're cluelessness on the subject came as no surprise.

So why has this year’s Australian bushfire season been so bad?

Tina Bell, Associate Professor at the University of Sydney, told Express.co.uk: “The main reason that the fire season has started so early and has been so bad to date is because of the drought that much of the north east of Australia has experienced over the past year or so.

I’m sure you know more than an Associate Professor at the University of Sydney, which is the source of my info.

I should have provided the link but something tells me you’d claim to know more than her.

Or indeed the fire officials;

Officials have said the current intensity of the fires has not been seen before on such a scale.

New South Wales Rural Fire Service commissioner, Shane Fitzsimmons, said the state of NSW had faced “the most dangerous bushfire week this nation has ever seen

Here it is anyway, I look forward to you claiming they don’t know as much as you because you watched a fire in 1983 :lolol::lolol:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....alia-bushfires-been-so-bad-nsw-queensland/amp

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure what you mean. We have very hot and dry summers which create a massive fuel load which often include eucalyptus tree's. The oil in the leaves makes for a very intense fire, this intensity then causes a micro climate that further fuels the flames, often we see wind gusts in excess of 100km/hr. So compared to a forest fire in Europe the fires here are most definitely more severe.

Just questioning whether 'Australian,bush fires' are any worse than ordinary Australian bush fires.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So why has this year’s Australian bushfire season been so bad?

Tina Bell, Associate Professor at the University of Sydney, told Express.co.uk: “The main reason that the fire season has started so early and has been so bad to date is because of the drought that much of the north east of Australia has experienced over the past year or so.

I’m sure you know more than an Associate Professor at the University of Sydney, which is the source of my info.

I should have provided the link but something tells me you’d claim to know more than her.

Or indeed the fire officials;

Officials have said the current intensity of the fires has not been seen before on such a scale.

New South Wales Rural Fire Service commissioner, Shane Fitzsimmons, said the state of NSW had faced “the most dangerous bushfire week this nation has ever seen

Here it is anyway, I look forward to you claiming they don’t know as much as you because you watched a fire in 1983 :lolol::lolol:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....alia-bushfires-been-so-bad-nsw-queensland/amp

The major influencer is natural.

Climate change is definitely playing a role in producing the earlier start to bushfire seasons and overall more extreme seasons, particularly in southeastern Australia. However, the natural variations in climate modes continue to play a key role, meaning we should not expect every bushfire season to be worse than the last as a result of climate change.

Yeah it's ****ing hilarious we witnessed a Bushfire that killed 75 people, 350,000+ livestock and destroy thousands of buildings.

A kid I went to school with lost his father a Policeman in that fire. When they found him sitting in his charred police car they though he was dead until he opened his eyes he was so badly burned.
He lived on for a few more days until he passed.

Imagine being that utter tool who thinks that is "lol" worthy. Such a tosser.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The major influencer is natural.

Yeah it's ****ing hilarious we witnessed a Bushfire that killed 75 people, 350,000+ livestock and destroy thousands of buildings.

A kid I went to school with lost his father a Policeman in that fire. When they found him sitting in his charred police car they though he was dead until he opened his eyes he was so badly burned.
He lived on for a few more days until he passed.

Imagine being that utter tool who thinks that is "lol" worthy. Such a tosser.

I clearly wasn’t laughing at that aspect. For starters, how could I possibly be laughing at something yesterday that you have only just posted?

I was laughing at you in general. I find you laughable.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here