Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rejoice?

el punal

I’m still buzzing over last night’s wonderful performance, made especially better after my annual dose of watching Arsenal Fan TV and various “with all due respect it’s only Brighton” reports and comments. There is, however, another little gem to savour - I believe this is the first time that we have been above all the South Coast clubs (Bournemouth, Southampton and Portsmouth) in the last forty years. I think the last time that happened was October 1978 in the old Division Two. I think I might have a little celebratory drink. :drink:

P.S. Cast me into the fiery pits of hell if I’m wrong, but I’ll still have that drink. :D

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’m still buzzing over last night’s wonderful performance, made especially better after my annual dose of watching Arsenal Fan TV and various “with all due respect it’s only Brighton” reports and comments. There is, however, another little gem to savour - I believe this is the first time that we have been above all the South Coast clubs (Bournemouth, Southampton and Portsmouth) in the last forty years. I think the last time that happened was October 1978 in the old Division Two. I think I might have a little celebratory drink. :drink:

P.S. Cast me into the fiery pits of hell if I’m wrong, but I’ll still have that drink. :D

I remarked with some glee yesterday looking at the table that we were the highest placed south coast club. Didn't realise it was quite so auspicious, though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Have the drink as it's worth celebrating before you are cast into the fiery pits of hell but we were above all of them for the first 3 games this season (plus after 6 games of the 2011/12 season too)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20191206-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20191206-WA0000.jpg

Went to work this morning to be greeted by three glum gooners, not really saying anything about last nights absolutely, wonderful, ecstatic well earnt win.
So I sent them this early xmas gifts :D

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
View attachment 117925
View attachment 117926

Went to work this morning to be greeted by three glum gooners, not really saying anything about last nights absolutely, wonderful, ecstatic well earnt win.
So I sent them this early xmas gifts :D

I’ve got four Arsenal STHs and half a dozen other regular attendees in either my direct line or peer group at work. It’s been a good day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here