Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What could possibly go wrong?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Off to Barrow tomorrow to watch The Shots ,a new tick for me . Now train tickets were booked in September,before SWR annouced the month long strike . Tonight entails a few beers then crash on a mates sofa . Up at 2.30 am for the first change of plan . Board at coach at 0320 from Guildford to Heathrow ,then tube into London and hopefully arrive at Euston for 0640 . 0730 out and with luck arrive in Dalton in Furness for opening time . After the game a quick dash for the train back to Lancaster ,20 mins wait to get the train down to London [we had to change tickets after the strike was annouced] Hoping to get the last train out of Waterloo at 2235 ,with luck i should get home around 0030 Sunday morning . My prediction ? 3 0 Barrow .

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Christ. That’s commitment.

Why bus to Heathrow?! Nothing going into Victoria/Waterloo early enough - replacement busses not running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Many years ago there was a feller on 606 who lived on the south coast and went to every (I think) Stranraer game. He wasn't Scottish either, had just picked Stranraer for a bet or somesuch.
Given that, the OP is decidedly "lightweight" *

*Only kidding, have a great day

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Off to Barrow tomorrow to watch The Shots ,a new tick for me . Now train tickets were booked in September,before SWR annouced the month long strike . Tonight entails a few beers then crash on a mates sofa . Up at 2.30 am for the first change of plan . Board at coach at 0320 from Guildford to Heathrow ,then tube into London and hopefully arrive at Euston for 0640 . 0730 out and with luck arrive in Dalton in Furness for opening time . After the game a quick dash for the train back to Lancaster ,20 mins wait to get the train down to London [we had to change tickets after the strike was annouced] Hoping to get the last train out of Waterloo at 2235 ,with luck i should get home around 0030 Sunday morning . My prediction ? 3 0 Barrow .

That brings back memories of getting to Barrow in a day from Brighton probably about 40 years ago now. The only connection meant that we arrived at Barrow at about 2.40 and legged it to the ground for 3pm.

D

Deleted member 2719

Fair play to you. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I once had a Tory lady, that always wore full length riding jodhpurs, take full advantage of me in Lower Bourne.

How long have you lived there?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Fair play to you. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I once had a Tory lady, that always wore full length riding jodhpurs, take full advantage of me in Lower Bourne.

How long have you lived there?

How did she manage that whilst always wearing full length riding jodhpurs?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Many years ago there was a feller on 606 who lived on the south coast and went to every (I think) Stranraer game. He wasn't Scottish either, had just picked Stranraer for a bet or somesuch.
Given that, the OP is decidedly "lightweight" *

*Only kidding, have a great day

There is a pub over at Pett Bottom (yes, I know) that used to be owned by someone who got a sign put up on the village threshold that read:

Pett Bottom
Twinned with Stenhousemuir

:lolol:

Edit, apparently Ian Fleming wrote 'you only live twice' while staying there. Talk about thread derailment - apols, Shotman.

https://www.theduckpettbottom.com/

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, and Brighton vs Barrow was my first ever Albion game, a small matter of 50 years and nine months ago.

D

Deleted member 2719

How did she manage that whilst always wearing full length riding jodhpurs?

She did manage to peel them off, her muscular thighs.

I remember she liked the phrase tally-ho and played the bugle very well though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I think i would have tried to make it into a lake district stop over.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

You do know the Barrow ground isn't in Dalton?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

hope you have a good day out, bar the result

Barrow top of the league,would love to see them make it back into the football league

and they have got a submarine on their badge,what's not to like :lolol:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Oh, and Brighton vs Barrow was my first ever Albion game, a small matter of 50 years and nine months ago.

Odd Memory Alert

I wasn't at the game,but remember discussing with my old man many moons ago,the fact that I'd never seen Barrow play

he said the last he see them play was the opening game of the season 4-0,I think it was

but his abiding memory was Barrow's kit was all creased up and dirty
must have been from a pre-season friendly :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here