Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sky Sports . . . When Will I ever Learn?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Like many others I'm sure, excited at hearing about our win against one of the big boys last night, I tuned to Sky Sports News, anxious to hear more about it.

Unsurprisingly perhaps on reflection, hardly anything was mentioned beyond the result at the bottom of the screen. Instead of course we were treated to plenty of information about mighty Newcastle's win at Sheffield United, and Steve Bruce's post match press conference.

When will l finally accept, that to the likes of Sky, 'little' teams like Brighton, are little more than an inconvenience.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that in your time of supporting BHA you have got used to that and it will continue for years to come unless we get in to the top 4 in the league.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are you this needy with the missus :mad:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
When will l finally accept, that to the likes of Sky, 'little' teams like Brighton, are little more than an inconvenience.

You tell us. Perhaps their spin was that Arsenal are so crap and Brighton improving that the result was as expected so where’s the story? Wilders post match comments were more entertaining than Potter (who, lets be honest , doesn’t get TV audience’s hearts racing).

Get over it. This has been going on since the Championship days.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
5Live, I am told, would not discuss the Arsenal issue until they'd extensively spoken about how well Brighton played

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think many pundits acknowledge our improvement and potential. Need a few more scalps before we're really noticed. Lots of teams bunched in mid-table.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the flip side, I was listening to Talk Sport driving down to Brighton.

Jim White and Martin Keown were bemoaning Arsenal's relegation form.

They then asked the Moose, who was at the game, what he thought of Brighton. He couldn't have been more complementary. He said we were everything Arsenal weren't. All our players knew their jobs and we played like a team.

I thought Alan Shearer was bigging us up as well last night.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
TV companies know their audience, and there will be a lot more Newcastle fans interested in seeing news of last night's results than anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here