Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be buying anyone in January?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is our decision. We either apply for the works permits or we sell them. All this time their contracts are running down and I'm sure we're paying the majority of their wages.

There's been plenty of talk on the relevant threads about how close they are to getting the permits. The way I see it applying is risky, because if we fail, then our bargaining position is weakened for the inevitable sale.

In both their cases, another half a season at their loan clubs isn't likely to significantly improve their chances of being granted a permit (unless MacAllister can get a game is a competitive international, but they don't have a game until June), nor is it likely to tell us more about whether they will make it in the Premier League.

Like I saf we bring them to Brighton, end of.y, I think Jan is time for us to decide on these two
The regulations decide when and if we can bring them to Brighton, end of.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't get too excited when it does, not many players, if any, will be coming through it. Exiting it might be another story though.
I expect :

Balogun to go.
Schelotto to go.
Băluţă to go on loan ( 50/50 - we need to retain a 5th choice central defender ).
Alireza to go on loan.

Mlakar to be recalled.

1 or 2 U23s / work-permit-less players to be singed for the future season conveyor belt.

All the above is pretty exciting for the 25 man squad and the prospects for our U23s.

If Schelotto goes, we'll need to bring in a right back.

I don't rule out Percy Tau getting a New Year work permit either.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The regulations decide when and if we can bring them to Brighton, end of.

End of nothing.

We can decide to apply for a work permit (or to sell). The regulations might decide that we can’t get it, but we decide whether or not to try

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Bologna beat Atalanta yesterday afternoon at Dall'Ara under the eyes of president Saputo, also accompanied by the Montreal Impact coach Thierry Henry. However, other "novelties" were also present at the stadium. As reported by "La Gazzetta dello Sport", in fact, yesterday in the stands at Dall'Arac there were also the observers of Burnley and Brighton, two teams that are currently in the middle of the table in the Premier League. With the approach of the winter market, there are several Bologna players who are also interested in abroad.

English sirens for two boys in particular: that is, Mattias Svanberg and Riccardo Orsolini, two young people who have just started out great even with their respective national teams. The two Bologna players have a market, and it certainly didn't take the Burnley and Brighton observers to find out, but no one will move in January. Mihajlovic has every intention of retaining his talents. And if the objective of Bologna is to start a winning project, the same must be done in the summer. But from now to June there will be time to think about it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
End of nothing.

We can decide to apply for a work permit (or to sell). The regulations might decide that we can’t get it, but we decide whether or not to try

Sigh......

We can try all we like, but will only get a 'yes' if and when the regulations say so. We can try to make a bit for Messi.

There are a lot of things we can try but the outcome's not in our control.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Make Mooy permanent on Jan 1st FFS, he was excellent again tonight.
I’d be very tempted to bring in a striker, even if just on loan. Connolly is still developing and will get niggly injuries. Murray is finished at this level. If anything happens to Maupay I think we’d be in real trouble.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sign Mooy permanently
Sign a right back to compete with Montoya, so Alzate can concentrate on midfield
Sell Schelotto, Andone, Locadia (more likely in the summer)
Loan out AJ
Sign Jarrod Bowen or get Percy/MacAllister involved if we can and theyre good enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There can't be any posters who still think we won't sign (or obtain) a striker in 2 weeks time)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As soon as Ancelotti buys a new £100m striker for Everton, get Calvert-Lewin in

I don't see why the club would do that.

They have enough of their own C-L's, they just happen to be 6/12/18 months away.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't see why the club would do that.

They have enough of their own C-L's, they just happen to be 6/12/18 months away.

Pretty much this really. To a certain extent l think the club have learned a lesson with the Locadia, Andone, Jahanbaksh fiascos. I really can't see Calvert-Lewin in an Albion shirt anyway, he loves Everton, and more imortantly Everton seem to love him. Big Dunc has been a mentor and is something of a father figure l believe, so it will take an awful lot to prise him away.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pretty much this really. To a certain extent l think the club have learned a lesson with the Locadia, Andone, Jahanbaksh fiascos. I really can't see Calvert-Lewin in an Albion shirt anyway, he loves Everton, and more imortantly Everton seem to love him. Big Dunc has been a mentor and is something of a father figure l believe, so it will take an awful lot to prise him away.

Plus the thick end of £40m.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
A Striker and a Right Back are probably the only two positions we definitely need re-inforcements in.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here