Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be buying anyone in January?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Think we should make a donation to the current government on 1st January to sort out the Tau and McAllister situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A striker with a skill set different to short and quick will definitely come in, or else all of this will be for nothing.
Glenn Murray : 1.83m tall.

Jan Mlakar : 1.83m tall.

Get Mlakar back to learn from the master while he still can.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
With a 20 million loss i don't think we will buy anybody unless it was one for the future.. Certainly see a few going though.

I can also see Duffy handing in a transfer request. Can't blame him.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
With a 20 million loss i don't think we will buy anybody unless it was one for the future.. Certainly see a few going though.

Only if we recall White from 'Dirty Leeds' which I really cannot see happening. The experience he will get in being near the top of the Championship will be invaluable next season.

TNBA

TTF

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

If Big Dunc is still in post, then Duffy might go back to Everton for some serious cash. Maybe get DC-Lewin coming the other way.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I can’t see us signing a striker. All the decent ones won’t be going anywhere and those possibly on offer will be bid up because the competition will be so big.

Of course, we could sign Obika, Billy Barndoor, Spanish Rodney or Leon Best.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've heard we're after 2 players, one being a first team player and one a development player.

It wouldn't surprise me if we bid for Mason Bennett from Derby, could get him for a bargain price and with some good coaching and man management from GPott could turn his career around.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Give Tau a big contract ?

Struggling to get into the Brugge side on a regular basis I don’t think we will want to do that.
Having watched Brugge v Madrid midweek Tau was making intelligent runs unfortunately he hardly received a decent pass all that night his team mates are a bit pony. Personally think with better players around him he will be an excellent addition.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Get the lad Jarrod Bowen in... hes the one

Stuff this alternative striker stuff... we need another nippy little goal scorer so we can manage Connelly and Maupay better.

Sell Andone, Locadia etc etc

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Stuff this alternative striker stuff... we need another nippy little goal scorer so we can manage Connelly and Maupay better.

Not convinced anyone would buy Andone in January given that he is out injured until March.

Not long now until the window swings open. :rock:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I agree with you Marshy. Playing with movement and pace in behind is working and it's exhilarating. I don't want another Murray (no slight on Muzza) and don't really see how that would add to our team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

We already have another nippy little goal scorer. He's currently playing in Belgium though.........................

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We already have another nippy little goal scorer. He's currently playing in Belgium though.........................

Yes and it’s time to make a decision on whether we’re going to try and get him in the country or sell on. Same with Alexis. I think loaning whilst speculating on a work permit is fine, but we can’t have players farmed out forever.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Potentially we could do with a forward, though probably only temporarily as we have Tau, Gyokeres and a wealth of youth in this position.

CM we have all sorts of options, remembering that Bissouma and Baluta are also here and not getting a look in and Mac Allister to arrive in the summer as an AM.

On the wings we look a little weak but then we haven’t really been playing wingers. Low priority.

CB we have hundreds of options. GK backup beyond Ryan is weak, maybe Walton in in the summer or maybe someone new.

The real issue areas are the fullbacks surely?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes and it’s time to make a decision on whether we’re going to try and get him in the country or sell on. Same with Alexis. I think loaning whilst speculating on a work permit is fine, but we can’t have players farmed out forever.

I don't think the decision is our's to make - we are governed by the regulations, and so far the regulations have prevented us bringing ether of these players to Brighton. When and if that will change I don't know; I expect we'll have plenty of lawyers working on it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Potentially we could do with a forward, though probably only temporarily as we have Tau, Gyokeres and a wealth of youth in this position.

CM we have all sorts of options, remembering that Bissouma and Baluta are also here and not getting a look in and Mac Allister to arrive in the summer as an AM.

On the wings we look a little weak but then we haven’t really been playing wingers. Low priority.

CB we have hundreds of options. GK backup beyond Ryan is weak, maybe Walton in in the summer or maybe someone new.

The real issue areas are the fullbacks surely?

Right back, certainly - although Bernardo can play there. I thought he was one of our best performers in the second half of last season and I hope Potter gives him some game time soon.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think the decision is our's to make - we are governed by the regulations, and so far the regulations have prevented us bringing ether of these players to Brighton. When and if that will change I don't know; I expect we'll have plenty of lawyers working on it.

It is our decision. We either apply for the works permits or we sell them. All this time their contracts are running down and I'm sure we're paying the majority of their wages.

There's been plenty of talk on the relevant threads about how close they are to getting the permits. The way I see it applying is risky, because if we fail, then our bargaining position is weakened for the inevitable sale.

In both their cases, another half a season at their loan clubs isn't likely to significantly improve their chances of being granted a permit (unless MacAllister can get a game is a competitive international, but they don't have a game until June), nor is it likely to tell us more about whether they will make it in the Premier League.

Like I say, I think Jan is time for us to decide on these two

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here