Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be buying anyone in January?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Ferguson?

He isn't signed, as his age precludes it. He seemingly is poised to sign as soon as he is old enough to do so (I forget the exact details). He's definitely been around and involved at Lancing - Connolly himself let slip in an FAI interview, that he had been looking after him while he was over!

Ok thanks so let's hope!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think we need to find a Glenn Murray type, but five years younger (sorry Glenn :kiss:)

Mooy, of course.

A combative MF

Sell: Andonne and Locadia

Get Izzy fit

Loan out Ali J

Forgotten about him! What's his problem, would be nice to have him available as an option.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Forgotten about him! What's his problem, would be nice to have him available as an option.

His problem is that his knees are worse than mine .... and mine are bad.

Hopefully back sometime this season was the last statement I think. I doubt will ever get back to his best personally, he was very reliant on explosive acceleration

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
His problem is that his knees are worse than mine .... and mine are bad.

Hopefully back sometime this season was the last statement I think. I doubt will ever get back to his best personally, he was very reliant on explosive acceleration

He was. But also was a bit of a 'one-trick pony', and the only time he crossed with his left foot in two years was the winner for Gross against Man Utd.

Generally outpace the player, cut on to his right foot and shoot......

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He was. But also was a bit of a 'one-trick pony', and the only time he crossed with his left foot in two years was the winner for Gross against Man Utd.

I'm hoping, he can get back fit, retain his pace and power and then add variety to his game to become a genuine first team option. It's a big ask though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm hoping, he can get back fit, retain his pace and power and then add variety to his game to become a genuine first team option. It's a big ask though

Perfectly fair, I hope the same.

Pace wise, would fit in beautifully with how we seem to want to play.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Personally I think we will give Tau a big contract in January and this should (I think, I don't know) be enough to get him in the country. He will then be the competing with Maupay and Connolly.

I would have said a right back, but hold the front page, let's see how Alzate does there in December

If we can sign Mooy permanently, that would be a massive boost.

Apart from that I think we're pretty well covered, though there's a lot of football to be played and if we lose key players to injury that could influence our dealings

I think we'll continue to buy in some young u18 and u23 prospects ...... and probably some women

Give Tau a big contract ?

Struggling to get into the Brugge side on a regular basis I don’t think we will want to do that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I'd hazard a guess he'll be eased back to fitness at a mediocre level and moved on, Steve Penney was less fragile.

I'd still like to see AJ play, but maybe Potter has seen enough.

A striker with a headed goal on him would be good. We may have pylons in defence but their headers are pretty Shyte.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't put it together last night but it's occurred to me on the latest Percy thread, maybe he's 'returning home' in January.

Sure it's more of the same but hey if it ain't broke ...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Regards 'young strikers with potential':

After Connolly, we already have Victor Gyokeres, Danny Cashman, Jan Mlakar, Ryan Longman, Bojan Radoluvic, and Laurent Tolaj on the books, plus a 14 year old Irish wonderkid about to join, on his 15th birthday.

I'd rather we invest in developing the ones we already have, than bring in more to block their development.

We need 4 strikers. None of the above can challenge for a first team place now although I like Cashman a lot. A 20/21 yr old who has 50 plus appearances say would challenge the forwards now not in 2/3 years time. Not that I have any idea who would qualify for my critera....

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I was specifically replying to the suggestion that we bring in another youngster, AS WELL as a first team striker. That is the part that looks particularly unecessary.

And as for none of those I listed appearing to be 'the next Aaron Connolly', did everyone see Aaron Connolly doing what he is doing, so soon?

Gyokeres and Mlakar are U21 internationals.
Longman replaced Connolly in the Aston Villa cup game, and looked every bit as mobile / hungry / threatening.
Tolaj is fresh from scoring EIGHT goals in an U19 international.
The 'wonderkid' is Evan Ferguson - playing first team football in Ireland at 14, and far more highly rated than Connolly at the same age.

Evan Ferguson

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...at-bohs-for-brighton-bound-ferguson-1.4061852

Exciting prospect. Looks like the deal is done and he’ll join next season when he hits 16.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9162465 said:
Someone like Jay Molumby? ???

Feck do I know, havent seen him.

As I see it though, a long term injury to Stephens is the one thing that could be really dangerous to this club in terms of relegation and thats why I think Potter might be looking for another CM in January, perhaps a short term solution before promoting some kid (like this Molumby guy) in the summer.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Yet more injuries, he'd fit in well to this team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here