Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be buying anyone in January?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
With the strike force all fit, apart from Andone who is due back in February, is there anyone we need to target for the January Sales?
I would take a punt on an youngster from Div 1 that could give us the height option up front but wouldn't mind if it didn't happen.

Thoughts?

TNBA

TTF

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Here's one out of left field: Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Athletic, mobile and very quick. Good pedigree. Scoring record not fab - but GPott might do wonders for him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A striker with a skill set different to short and quick will definitely come in, or else all of this will be for nothing.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Make Mooy permanent if we can and then potentially another attacker/winger IF AJ goes and Izqueirdo doesn’t look like recovering fitness to play a part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
January hopes :

1) Sing up Mooy

2) Get Mlakar back from his loan at QPR which looks like a failed loan.

3) Get Băluţă out on loan.

4) Sell / loan out Balogun.

5) Loan out Alireza to get him playing again and protect his value.

That leaves 23 players here, so...

6) Sing a striker unless the January price is too white hot.

7) Sing Brownhill or Kamara if an acceptable deal is possible.

8) Sing 1 or 2 players for the future work permit conveyor belt, so we can look forward to them in 2021/2.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's all about the selling IMHO. Team Potter's probably only treading Wotter til January when he can get rid of Ali J with the club's blessing. Doubtless been told he wasn't allowed to ship out all three of last season's big money duds over the summer, no matter how much he might have loved to :wave:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My guess - and it is obviously just that, a guess - is no we won't, except perhaps a couple of low profile signings for the dev. squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crikey you are cheery today considering last nights result...
Of course I am and have been a ray of sunshine all morning.

But the reality of the question asked does lead to the realisation the squad currently has only 2 strikers.
Not only that it has 2 strikers who needed to be separated at birth (probably some kind of velcro effect from Aaron pre puberty beard) making the need to have that position reinforced by introducing a different skill set.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
A right back. I like Alzate but see him more as a midfield option.

Striker - I'd like to see two ideally. Competition for the here and now and a youngster who has potential. Cost v Value will be the issue here of course

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My guess - and it is obviously just that, a guess - is no we won't, except perhaps a couple of low profile signings for the dev. squad.

I think you are probably on safe ground saying that. especially as the club have already indicated that they don't expect to be doing very much business.

Aaron Mooy would be a fantastic last Christmas prezzie though should it happen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mooy, 100%. He isn't going to be going back to Hudds whatever happens so let's get that deal done whilst 'in possession'.

Another striker (cover) would be useful (Muzza simply can't play the same game that Maupay and Connolly can - we had NO offsides last night). Apart from that not sure we'll be looking for any headline-grabbers. Suspect Balogun might go (or maybe more likely the end of the season as we really need 2 CB covers). No idea re the Ali J conundrum but can't see him getting anything other than the occasional FA Cup run out :shrug: Wonder if we would more likely chuck another U23 in if we did have an injury crisis.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably there will be more outgoings than incomings but could see us signing a wing back, Stephens backup/future replacement or tall CF (especially if Murray would want to leave to get some play time the last few years of his career).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here