Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Amazon Prime Tech stuff - watching experience

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Watched via the LG TV Amazon app. Decent picture.

As someone else said, the BBC goal notifications on my phone come in 30 seconds before the Amazon picture. So mute the phone next time. Or leave it somewhere else.

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
Watched on Sony A1X 4K tv using app, WiFi connection sky Q broadband.
Flicked through a couple of games on Tuesday and Wednesday. Whole game last night.
No probs and UHD picture was good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Amazon worked fine on my phone, wish I didnt sell my ticket to the game now..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Watched as much of it as was possible, worked absolutely fine, both the uhd games and the full hd ones. Used both IPad and LG TV App

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Watched on a 7 year old Sony HD tv connected by Amazon fire stick connected to router via hdmi cable.. No buffering, picture quality good . Amazon must be getting it together as when they first started showing tennis last year it was awful, buffering, drop out, sound quality low.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Watched via the LG TV Amazon app. Decent picture.

As someone else said, the BBC goal notifications on my phone come in 30 seconds before the Amazon picture. So mute the phone next time. Or leave it somewhere else.
Interesting my notifications were coming in a few seconds after :shrug:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Got a Panasonic smart TV. Picture was excellent, quality really good and crisp.

My daughter lives in Shoreham too and she was 35 seconds in front of me in the game. Very odd as we have similar set up. Virgin, smart TV and both of us in Shoreham, 5 miles apart. :shrug:

Had to tell her not to text me after the first goal as I'd not seen it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Out of interest was that using a smart app on the TV, or casting from another device?

I watched on Lg tv with built in amazon app , tv 5 years old but 100% brilliant. My internet speed is 78 mbs and hardwired.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
By the way I didn't watch on laptop, I watched on the SmartTV offering.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
No problem for me watching the game on my TV today. No buffering good picture, reasonable refresh rate, but quite a long delay.

The last 2 games today are the ones being shown in 4K, so I am going to check those to see if they have fixed things for me.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Only problem today was spoilers - read about our goal on NSC before it was streamed on TV.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Had no problems with the coverage-two fire sticks in our house,and one next door,all operating from our Virgin Media.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I was 45 secs to a minute behind of the play on the app through the TV (good quality picture though). They need to improve that otherwise it's an extended highlights show!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Amazon Prime coverage tends to go a bit wobbly just on HT and just on FT in my experience. Happens too often for it to be a complete coincidence IMHO

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Mine was 17 seconds behind the DAB radio feed. But I'm fine with that, Sky/BT are always several seconds behind the radio feed, too.

The arsenal game was flawless for me. Today, though, I got the spinning circle of doom twice. Backing out and going back in fixed it, but it shouldn't be needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here