Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leonardo Trossard

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Out of interest (I can't remember so honest question) who did he replace?

It was Pascal, if you watch the highlights of the second goal you can see him walking towards the goal as the cross comes in. I didn't realise at the time just how quick his impact was.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think the calibre of the opposition we have played has restricted him to sub appearances. Potter seems to prefer Gross/Alzate/Mooy as better defensive players when playing better teams which is fair enough. No point rushing him back when he can be used as an impact player after the others have tired the opposition and unleash him fully on the "lesser" sides.

*Before the howls, I put lesser in inverted commas as that is clearly relative. I know Wolves, for example, are a very good side.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
How I wished he'd fired in at the end of that run to make it 3-1.

I'm being greedy, I appreciate, but that would have been some damn fine icing on the cake.

So do I. It would make me feel less bad about bottling it and cashing out my 1-2 bet about 60 seconds beforehand.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Silly bit of defending at the end could have cost us an equaliser

Yep. I don't want to be negative but that was an atrocious place to give a free-kick away and if they'd stuck it in we'd have been lamenting two points lost.

However, I'll be glass half-full as he is a sublime player and the way he beat three Arsenal players for that chance at the end was magical.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was Pascal, if you watch the highlights of the second goal you can see him walking towards the goal as the cross comes in. I didn't realise at the time just how quick his impact was.

Brings up and anomaly in the rules where a player is walking along the touch line in full kit which could put off a defending team. Subs have to ware bibs when warming up to avoid this and are not allowed behind the goals whereas a substituted player can walk the whole way round in full kit.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
He says himself he wouldn’t have signed under Hughton

He wouldn't have been allowed over the halfway line under CH so I kind of understand that.

Oh how I love Potterball. Pacy and exciting. My faith in, and love of, our team has been restored.

Happy Days!

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
He’s a mercurial talent.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Still grates a little bit to see him in those colours but I find myself enjoying his performances and wishing him well. In a way that I can also muster for Mac Allister and Burn but not for Caicedo, Sanchez or Cucurella.
I'm afraid I lump him in with the latter 3. I will never have any time whatsoever for players who effectively go on strike to force a move and I can't forget him arsing about with zero effort at Charlton. Decent player for us but I don't wish him especially well.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Still grates a little bit to see him in those colours but I find myself enjoying his performances and wishing him well. In a way that I can also muster for Mac Allister and Burn but not for Caicedo, Sanchez or Cucurella.
Not much of a problem unless you watch Chelsea reserves :lolol:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I don't have much fondness for Trossard, but I still hope he gets the career he wanted. I quite like the fact that he and White are doing well there, Mac's doing equally well at Liverpool, but all the players Chelsea bought from us are struggling to reproduce their Brighton form (to put it mildly). That's exactly what Chelsea deserve.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am indifferent to how he left. At the time, it was understandable.

How we could do with his talent now, given our paucity of available talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here