Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coastway West trains on Sunday - CARNAGE

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A warning to anyone travelling from West of Brighton by train on Sunday - don't. There are just five trains between ten to two and quarter past four from Portslade and a gap of an hour, right when most will want to travel.

Disgraceful lack of planning by Southern but not surprising. We're getting the bus.

trains.JPG

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight
Don't expect anything different from Southern.
The one hour gap, the train to London arrives at Hove just as the Brighton service disappears out of sight!
Even on a Saturday, after the game, they run one additional service from Brighton but it runs limited stops.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Sorry to dissapoint everyone but I hear plans are afoot to run 2 additional 8 car services for tomorrow's football servicing Worthing to Brighton before and after the match. I don't know how many times they'll do the trip but that's 16 extra coaches for your travelling delight.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Sorry to dissapoint everyone but I hear plans are afoot to run 2 additional 8 car services for tomorrow's football servicing Worthing to Brighton before and after the match. I don't know how many times they'll do the trip but that's 16 extra coaches for your travelling delight.

:thumbsup:

Consider me undisappointed. I assume these will appear on the National Rail app at some point so we know when to get them?

Madafwo

Nov 11, 2013
:thumbsup:

Consider me undisappointed. I assume these will appear on the National Rail app at some point so we know when to get them?

Not my area of expertise, although I seem to remember they are updated overnight on short term stuff like this so check in the morning is my suggestion.

I'll keep an eye out for timings and update the thread when I have anything though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should the thread title now be:-

Coastway West Trains on Sunday - CARRIAGE.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A warning to anyone travelling from West of Brighton by train on Sunday - don't. There are just five trains between ten to two and quarter past four from Portslade and a gap of an hour, right when most will want to travel.

Disgraceful lack of planning by Southern but not surprising. We're getting the bus.

View attachment 117894

That timetable doesn't look too bad to me. Any of the first three trains will get you to the Amex with time to spare. I think a half hourly service on a Sunday is all that you can expect really.

I wouldn't be too surprised either to see Southern run a few additional trains on part of the line, bearing in mind it's a footie day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That timetable doesn't look too bad to me. Any of the first three trains will get you to the Amex with time to spare. I think a half hourly service on a Sunday is all that you can expect really.

Can tell you live in Cowfold (wherever that is). OP is flagging lack of trains from Portslade. They'll be rammed to the point that nobody can get on (or off) by the time they get to Portslade. Just to turn the screw, some of these trains will doubtless be pitifully short of carriages, and have no toilet facilities.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Getting back to the coast was a bit of a mission after Arsenal. Trains cancelled and running late- seems to be the norm these days. That timetable does not seem too bad at the moment but just wait until a couple don’t run.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003

I wouldn't be too surprised either to see Southern run a few additional trains on part of the line, bearing in mind it's a footie day.

:facepalm:

You normally can't get on except the back carriage on a full service Saturday because all the trains are three or four cars long. If we're playing Southampton or Bournemouth it's even harder.

Can tell you live in Cowfold (wherever that is). OP is flagging lack of trains from Portslade. They'll be rammed to the point that nobody can get on (or off) by the time they get to Portslade. Just to turn the screw, some of these trains will doubtless be pitifully short of carriages, and have no toilet facilities.

This.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Tut, that's the trouble with you Brightonians, you all seem to think that the counties of East and West Sussex cease to exist outside your fair city.

Cowfold Seagull . . . happy to be a country bumpkin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can tell you live in Cowfold (wherever that is).

It's up in the grim northern wasteland, with all the dark satanic mills.

Cowfold, Aberdeen, Rusper, somewhere in that neck of the woods.

Madafwo

Nov 11, 2013
3 additional 8 car services before and after the match. On the way to the match they run from West Worthing to Brighton calling all stations and leaving West Worthing at 23 minutes past the hour starting at 13:23 and arriving into Brighton half an hour later.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Timetable updated now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here